1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Hexagon

What would your ideal life look like? In this scenario, your ideal political system and society exists, so things like marriage are possible for everyone.

What would your house be like?
    What kind of place would it be in? By this, I don't mean country/state, I mean rural/urban etc. Describe its surroundings.
    What would your family be like? Partner(s)? Would you marry or not? Kids? If so, how many?
    Would you have a job?
    If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university?
    Would you have hobbies?
    Anything else?

2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is gonna be fun

It would be a huge castle floating in the sky...similar to Ganon's castle in Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time)

What kind of place would it be in?

The castle would be surrounded by mountains/trees. It would be raining. There would be constant thunder! Beasts will be patrolling the area. Outside my realm will be villages and markets.

What would your family be like? Partner(s)? Would you marry or not? Kids? If so, how many?

I would not have a family. I would be a king with hundreds of hot men as servants.

Would you have a job?

King

Would you have hobbies?

Sleeping with hot men to be honest and learning magic

Anything else?

Nope...

EDIT:

I'm immortal. So I will have sex forever. Oh I will never age and I'm the hottest guy in this dream life... :/

#2 MrAllMonday, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. Evan2420

Evan2420 Guest

I have always wanted to live in a nice apartment in LA.

Streets in the front, beach in the back! :grin:

What would your family be like

Married to someone who would appreciate me for me, which is something I have yet to experience in real life.

Would you have a job?

Musician

College/university

Uhm...Latin at The Ohio State University! :grin:

Hobbies?

Learning as many languages as possible!

Anything else?

I wouldn't be Bipolar. I wouldn't have social anxiety. And I would have Psychosis...All these things limit me so much in my every day life. A dream world would involve none of these! For anyone! Because they're all so troublesome...at least for me anyway.

4. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A big house, big backyard with a swimming pool, a barbecue grill, a picnic table and a tire swing on one of the trees

Warm Climate, My house would be in the suburbs and within 20 minutes of the beach and a city, probably near San Diego

What would your family be like?
    A loving husband, and two kids.

Would you have a job?
    Yes I would, not sure what I want to do yet, maybe writing for a television show, working for an nba team, or in advertisement

Would you have hobbies?
    Basketball
    Golf(Id have to learn how to play but I've always wanted to try)
    Sailing

Anything else?
    Id have a a nice convertible, a boat, and season tickets to the Chargers and Lakers

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would your house be like?: Absolutely a castle. Pretty big, with an interior courtyard, tapestries on the walls, hallways with vaulted ceilings, and rich, dark hardwood floors/furniture. I can also picture a library with shelves tall enough to require sliding ladders, and lots of defensive works like arrow slits in exterior towers and embattled walkways. But it wouldn't be cold and forbidding. I would need some moss, ivy, and other plant features to cozy it up a bit, as well as some strategic modern-day conveniences. :grin: I would also want a cleaning staff, because maintaining such an insane house would be a full-time job.

What kind of place would it be in? Ideally it would be a fair amount of wooded acreage about 20 minutes away from a smallish town. That way it would have the peace and beauty of the country and the accessibility of the suburbs. I also imagine a small brook somewhere on the property. I would also find a place to put a shooting range if I could, because commercially-owned ranges are expensive. >.<

What would your family be like? I can't say for sure what my "dream" family is, but I would be with either a guy or girl, and have one kid. Two isn't out of the question, but too much for my feeble abilities now hehe. Needless to say I would try to incorporate any features in my life that my partner and kids would want as well.

Would you have a job? I think the best job in the world would be lead creative director (or other title with comparable responsibilities) in a game design studio. The world is literally yours. But it wouldn't be for the money; I'm assuming I wouldn't have to work, so this would be to keep me from idleness more than anything.

If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university? I've already studied for it, but I'd probably need to take a lot more computer engineering and programming.

Would you have hobbies? Umm, inviting a ton of people over and having fake medieval battles in my real castle! :grin::grin::grin: You know it, complete with historical and fantasy costumes to the nines. I'd also host modern airsoft skirmishes on the grounds. My other hobbies like video games and writing would still be there of course.

Anything else?
    --I'd have a garage with a few vehicles in it-- Aston Martin DB9 because it's the sexiest car I've seen to date, late-model Nissan Altima coupe for daily driving because it's an overall great car, Hummer H1 in drab paint for use in airsoft games and service as a "bug-out" vehicle, and maybe a motorcycle or two.

--I'd want to have my own hangar at an airport in town with a private jet for taking trips to faraway places, a low-wing, turbocharged piston plane because it was insanely fun to fly in one XD and if I can push it any further, a medium-sized helicopter like an old UH-1. Whether or not I'd use that too in airsoft games, I just have a thing for military vehicles hehe.

--Oh, I almost forgot: stables! I would love to have a couple of horses. Not only because I'm a medieval nerd who would dress them up with caparisons and ride around wearing armor XD but because horses are beautiful animals and I've never gotten to ride one.

I think that's everything. I'm pretty sure that I'd have to be as rich as Tiger Woods (or richer) to keep up a life like that, but I can't imagine a greater level of success in life than getting to live out everything I've dreamed of that is currently possible on earth.

6. william123

This may sound boring in comparison to some of the others.

But... Okay, so my ideal place would be a large, nice condo in Manhattan. I'd want it in close proximity to Wall Street so I could walk to work. And I'm an investment banker, or Vice President or President at a wealth management firm, I haven't decided. This would happen in the next few years so I'm still rather young.

I would have a partner... a partner in crime. A soulmate, who completely clicks with me and makes my life very very happy. And mine his as well. Hobbies would be traveling the world going on excellent adventures and drinking fine wines and other expensive alcoholic beverages.

My current education is sufficient, I do not need anything extra. I suppose I could also add that I have a private jet. Or maybe just a Mercedes or really nice vehicle to get away on the weekends to my country home in the Hamptons. And of course I'm not working too hard cause I'm SUPER intelligent and all of this is just coming naturally to me.

I'd also like to be a talented artist. Creating everything from beautiful paintings to drawing comic books. I was seriously considering "concept artist" for my other dream career. But I am kind of far along into business so I just went with that.

7. AlamoCity

What would your house be like? I really like Greek revival homes so I would probably like a nice home in that style in a nice acreage with lots of live oak and Spanish moss. Would love for it to have a working ranch and farm on the premises.

What kind of place would it be in? By this, I don't mean country/state, I mean rural/urban etc. Describe its surroundings.
    It would be in a semi-rural location where a larger town/city would not be too far away for supplies/entertainment/friends.

I would love to have a husband and maybe a couple of kids if we agree. Parents would live nearby and we'd have each other every Sunday for lunch or dinner after church (I like church for the social aspect of it, but not the religious one).

Would you have a job?
    Yes. I'd love to work in the farm and maybe have a husband that works in the ranch. I like animals, but prefer the cleanliness of the soil (weird, I know).

If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university? I'd probably like to have studied agriculture or soil and crop science.

Would you have hobbies? I'd like to travel all over the world (where it's safe), visit every National Park in depth, hunt every game animal and bird in North American and have it stuffed and displayed in the home (I'm a collector by nature), going fishing and hunting with my husband, cooking, collecting antiques, sitting on the porch on a sultry afternoon with my husband drinking tea smiling and not saying a word.

8. What would your house be like?

fairly modest, ranch style - nice and open, run very environmentally setup, recycle everything

private island where we can be self sustaining, our own food water and all

my partner and myself, hopefully find one

Would you have a job?

if I could work from there great, if not need to be independently wealthy

If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university?

I am trying to go to college for math - the college is refusing to respond - damned modern age where everything is impersonal and you are not allowed to walk in.

Would you have hobbies?

gardening and caring for the home, walks, research

Anything else?

a big do not disturb sign

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't care, as long as it has a lot of video game systems.
    Somewhere with snow. And a lot of Asian people.
    Me. I will never marry, ever. Oh, and maybe I'll have some robot(?) maids/butlers, too. Can you have a negative amount of kids?
    Would you have a job?
    Programming videogames, or engineering, or some other STEM field. Maybe a secret triad leader.
    I studied everything and got OVER 9000 PhDs.
    Would you have hobbies?
    Sports, playing video games, watching anime, creating awesome stuff, kicking people's asses without getting arrested, solving problems... You know, the usual.
    Anything else?
    If I die, I should be able to turn into a soul and mess around with stuff, and also respawn.
    Stupid, ignorant people would be a vanishing minority, only there to be mocked.
    A conservative and LGBT friendly area? Yes, good.
    Transsexual people being able to completely change into the opposite sex?
    Yes, good.
    Being able to literally travel wherever you want without dying? Yes, good.
    Meeting aliens and being able to interact with and understand them? Yes, good.
    Magic and science coexisting? Yes, good.
    Agelessness? Yes, good.
    Me being the omnipotent, omniscient ruler of the entire universe? Yes, good.

#9 An Gentleman, Dec 15, 2013
  10. Hexagon

House

I would like a house set against hilly/mountainous areas, with a wood or forest nearby, that way I could go walking for a couple of weeks every so often. I'd also like it to be 30 mins away from a large city in the other direction. Oh, and a lake would be nice. The scenery wouldn't be private property though, anyone is allowed access to it.

The house itself wouldn't be too grand. I'd like a bedroom big enough for a double bed (that only I sleep in) and all my stuff. A nice kitchen big enough for me to cook in comfortably - sometimes I like to cook for reasons other than sustenance. And I'd like some space for hobbies and such things. Apart from that, it would need a bathroom with a decent shower and bath (I'm thinking the kind of bath I had in spain, with water jets in it), and enough space for a small family to live in comfortably.

In the nearby land, I'd grow a bit of food, veg, fruit and nuts. I'd also generate as much of my own power as possible with wind/solar.

Oh, and tech. Tech is important.

I would have a partner. Gender is unimportant, but they'd be at least somewhat asexual. They'd also sleep in a different bed, though we'd have sex. We wouldn't marry, and there'd be no expectation of monogamy. I'd like a couple of kids.

Would you have a job?

I would be a philosopher and fiction writer.

I studied philosophy and maths, and got a phd in philosophy.

Would you have hobbies?

I would write fiction, draw, garden, go on walking trips alone, do astronomy, and compose music despite not being able to play it. Oh, and archery. And gaming.

Anything else?

I'd have three cats which caught their own food and got on with each other.

#10 Hexagon, Dec 15, 2013
  11. musicgirl18

What would your house be like? -I think I'd like either a Grecian style manor on about one hundred acres of forest, orr, I'd like a nice town home in the middle of some huge city somewhere. Either way would be good. XD

What kind of place would it be in? By this, I don't mean country/state, I mean rural/urban etc. Describe its surroundings. -Well, I think I described this above. Sorry.

What would your family be like? Partner(s)? Would you marry or not? Kids? If so, how many? -I would have an amazing wife who my parents would adore and accept completely, and who would be my life and joy. Personally, I adore kids, and would want to have as many as possible, so, basically, it would depend on how many my wife would want. :grin:

Would you have a job? - Yes, I would either be a curator at an art museum somewhere, or I would be a professor of either Art History, or European History. (I don't have the patience to work with high school or younger, and I admire those who do. :grin:)

If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university? -My dream is to go study and graduate from Edinburgh University, and I want to take either History of Art, or European History.

Would you have hobbies?Yes, I love reading and drawing. And I would want to play board games every Friday night, and go thrift shop hunting with my wife. :grin:

Anything else?- Absolument! In my dream world it would be possible for two mothers or two fathers to be one hundred percent the parents, without any surrogates, and I would want it to be possible for transsexuals to be able to 100% change into their preferred form. :grin:
    [B/]

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

Also, we would have a few pets, and I wouldn't have ADD, it sucks. And, nobody would ever judge anybody else, for anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#11 musicgirl18, Dec 15, 2013
  12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As for a house, I'd just like to own my own home. Ideally, it'd be about 2000 square feet, and we'd be living in a suburb that's big enough to be a city, yet still small enough to be a town.

I'd be with my current boyfriend, and it'd just be the two of us. We'd have a couple dogs, but no kids.

As for a job, I'd only want to work if I was doing one of my dream jobs: an airline pilot (which I'm studying for now) or a trash-TV talk show host.

Hobbies? TRAVEL. We'd be jetting off to all sorts of places and we'd see and do everything worth seeing and doing that Earth has to offer.

13. What would your house be like?
    Just a normal house. With a really big kitchen (I love to cook), and high tech toilets like the ones in Japan. I have weird priorities.

I need to have open space for my animals (I will have pigs, and hopefully goats), but I don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere. So if I could live in a rural setting close enough to a town or city (by close, I mean no more than 30 min away from the center of town), that would be ideal.

A wife and tons of pets. I don't really have a desire for kids, but if my wife wants them, then sure. I think two is a good number when it comes to kids.

Would you have a job?
    Yes. I'm hoping to become a forensic pathologist.

I'm currently majoring in biochemistry and minoring in classics, but I regret this decision. I wish I'd majored in classics.

Would you have hobbies?
    Taekwondo, reading, cooking, traveling.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I always wanted something along the lines of a Japanese castle. They look stunning and I'd look good standing on a balcony lording it over the proletariat.

I'd want something rural with a nice local village. Somewhere like Midsummer but with less murder and that has outlawed the filming of BBC/C4 housing shows in it's vicinity.

Married partner because what fun is lording if you haven't got anyone to snuggle up with? I'd have a couple of kids as well so I can pass on my knowledge and have someone continue my hopeful life's work. Adoption would be my preference.

Would you have a job?

My job would be as an advocate for peace, anti militarism, victims of war and imprisoned conscientious objectors (yes, there are democracies out there that do this).

I suppose law, political science, diplomacy and some other things would have to be studied.

Would you have hobbies?

I'm quite the fan of cue sports so I'd have that as my hobby, plus it exercises the mind using geometry and physics. Also I've been trying out meditation lately so I'd explore that a bit too.

15. thekillingmoon

I'd be content with a nice appartment, but since we're going outside of the reality zone here... a modern two story house with a pool in the back. Modern style furniture inside and lots of paintings on the walls. And it would be super high tech, everything automated.

A peaceful and scenic residential area, not too far from city center.

I'd have a wonderful girlfriend who'd live with me. I don't really care about marriage, unless it was important to her, then why not. I don't want kids. We'd have pets though, like a cat.

Would you have a job?
    Yes, a creative one. I actually wanted to be a designer.

I already finished university, I have no plans to get another degree for now.

Would you have hobbies?
    Same ones I have now. If I was rich, travelling around the world, seeing new places, learning about different cultures.

Anything else?
    The government would consist of intelligent open-minded people striving to make this world a better place for everybody.

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Good golly, I've got it all planned. *clears throat*

It would be perfect. A three-story, cedar shingle-sided, orchard-adjacent corner of heaven. Huge kitchen with a commercial restaurant-quality range and at least one wall oven (I bake. A lot.), walk-in pantry, dual dishwashers, my 72 inch dream refrigerator (as seen on Missy Elliot's episode of "Cribs"), a custom 9 foot by 4 foot butcher-block island, monogrammed flour-sack dish towels, a pot rack parallel to the island to showcase my kitchenalia fetish, and an entire wall dedicated to my cookbook collection. It would also have a library/office, a stone fireplace in both the master bedroom and the living room, and wide hallways with lots of windows. Warm floors, cozy couches, soft pillows, photographs of loved ones, and long tables everywhere.

Near a forest, with lots of opportunity for hiking and walking. Hopefully close enough to a city that I can still get things without making the trip an all-day excursion, but far enough away to avoid the headaches. Ideally I'd be moments from the heart of an artisanal small town with a good cheese shop, a theater, a post office, and a park that's perfect for picnic dates.

A husband. Kids are negotiable, pets are not. I'd have at least one cat, maybe a dog. My mom would stay with me one season of the year (and she'd stay with my three siblings for the other three).

Would you have a job?

Of course! My dreams are expensive. xD I'd be a food writer for a newspaper or magazine, working on a novel, a series of children's books, and my own cookbooks.

N/A. Apparently my dreams don't give education it's modern societal due.

Would you have hobbies?

Cooking; baking; writing; hiking; reading new books; shopping; throwing absurdly fun and relaxed parties; loving my husband; traveling together with said husband; making strangers dreams come true; photography; sleeping in late on Sundays; and charity work/volunteering.

Anything else?

Groceries would be cheap; bills would be low (but not nonexistent, I like paying for things); I'd never run out of toilet paper; I'd be able to run the dishwashers, washing machine, and take a shower at the same time; and watching TV would burn calories.

17. photoguy93

House - oh, gosh....My main home would probably be something along the lines of a Tudor -
    I just love the style and the many different rooms. It wouldn't be zillions of square feet, but it would be unique and cool.

Area - it would be in a really unique housing area. Like, on one side of the road there's a modern house, and the next there's something totally different.

Family - I'd love for my parents to be nearby, so I can have them around and look after them (seeing as this would be in the future, I suppose.) I'd love to have a great guy with me (it is a dream life...haha.) we would be married.
    I'd love pets - maybe a couple dogs and some totally random stuff, like a micro mini pig, lol. I want to give attention to them, and not have so many I need a list.
    I'd have kids - just depends on the part of my life I'm in! I have always wanted a couple, I think.

Job - I would definitely have a job! My dream job would involve helping others, so hopefully I'd get to run a free health clinic, and with my fortune (Because I'd sure as shit need that for this lifestyle) I'd be able to help others out. I'd love to advise people and open up the world to helping others.

Studies - definitely sticking with my current major of nursing, but I'll also add that, in a dream life, I'd quickly go further - maybe even med school!

Hobbies - travels would be a big part. The same of today still matter - cooking, baking, photography....I'd just be able to do those even bigger and better! Like, I'd be able to meet with famous chefs and then have a huge array of camera equipment, etc.

Extras - well, I'd be able to do all this without losing my work ethic and I'd still strive for an ever better life. I'd find a way to kind of get rid of my anxiety - but not all. I'd laugh more and relax more - and still be, me!

18. Grimm

Oh, lord. I daydream way too much for this question. I'm gonna try my hardest not to write a novel. :icon_bigg

I'd have a really nice loft-style apartment way up at the top of a building. Big sitting area with a balcony attached. If it's too high for a balcony, I'd have a wall of windows for looking out on the city. Absolutely must have an extraordinary kitchen. One big bedroom with a big bathroom (bathtub with jets required), plus a smaller bedroom and a smaller bathroom in case anyone needs to stay over. The entire place would be covered in the best tech and the most gloriously geeky stuff I can find.

I'm thinking urban, but like city of the future urban, not like New York urban. We're talking like, this kind of thing. Spacestation or another planet would be cool and all, but I love good old-fashioned Earth snow too much, so I think I'm gonna have to stay on the homeworld. Probably somewhere north, near one of the Great Lakes. Nice and cold.

I'd be married to a beautiful woman with a great smile and the best, most overused laugh in the world. Preferable if she likes to do crazy stuff with her hair (I've got a thing for cute hair). I'd like to have a daughter, definitely, but I'm open to potentially more. I'm hoping that by that point in the future we've mastered genetics enough to do "designer babies", as people like to call it. I'm also hoping science can find a way to let a same-sex couple have a child that shares both of their genes. I mean, I'd imagine it'll be a bit easier for me, since I've still got that pesky Y-chromosome, but I'm still cool with adopting.

Would you have a job?

I would design the greatest roleplaying video games ever known to mankind, plus write the greatest sci-fi novels ever known to mankind on the side. Future-me clearly isn't big on humility.

Already working on that one! :icon_bigg
    Game Design and Development.

Would you have hobbies?

Reading, writing, gaming, playing guitar, singing, cooking, eating, cuddling, laughing, loving, living...

Anything else?

Going for the obvious. Nearly everyone in society has advanced far enough to be openminded to everyone and everything. People are simply treated as human beings; no one gets special treatment and no one gets the shaft. Our understanding of the universe has increased drastically, and we still search for and obtain more and more knowledge. People turn away from religions and superstitions, or at the very least don't let their religion influence the way they treat others. National borders fall and humanity unites as a whole. And we're colonizing space. Obviously.

And my dream world couldn't be complete without me being a perfectly passable and happy woman instead of the wreck that I am right now. :icon_bigg

19. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would live in a quaint/small classic, remodeled house near a university, where I would be a professor. I would be teaching and running my own research lab, complete with graduate students, post-docs, and undergrads. Hopefully I would be with a partner, maybe married with 1-2 kids. I hope I would still be doing martial arts but also have time for at least playing music and getting to travel.

20. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would your house be like? cozy, not too big. An apartment with a few decent sized rooms. Ideally something with high ceilings, tall windows, and old features. Something in an older building. Art deco is nice - perhaps something built in the 20's? Alternately, something more rustic...a cabin perhaps, or a camper. I've actually thought it might be nice to live in a camper for a little while, and travel a lot.
    What kind of place would it be in? Urban in scenario 1, rural/assorted locations in scenario 2.
    What would your family be like? I don't see myself married, or even necessarily with a steady partner. I definitely don't see kids. I do see cats, lovers, and whatever friends I can manage to convince I'm cool.
    Would you have a job? Ideally. Not sure doing what. Science, probably. Or working in some little hole in the wall place somewhere.
    If your dream involves studying/having studied, what did you study in college/university? I see myself having written a detailed thesis about something I think is absolutely the coolest. I see everyone else finding it the opposite of the coolest. Focus of study would be ideally in chemistry.
    Would you have hobbies? art. painting specifically. as well as an expanded collection of vinyl and books.
    Anything else? Well, I'd be a guy, there's that. Also, ideally my cats would be leash trained. Don't know why, they just would be.

#20 clockworkfox, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013