1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay greek men...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BearLover, Dec 15, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard myths about greek men being gay or bisexual but there is no scientific evidence to prove this.

The funny thing is, although there is no evidence of greek men being gay the only gay/bisexual people that I have met are greeks.

In ancient greece their was this thing called pederasty which means a homosexual relationship between an adult male and a pubescent boy or an adolescent male, the ancient greeks were known for homosexuality.

Although a lot of the Greeks aren't going to admit they are gay/bisexual as they don't want to be looked at in a bad light, I think they keep it a secret that a lot of there men are bisexual, even on this video of a greek singer called Pasxalis Terzis, he looks like he is checking the guy out, he looks down at his dick and smiles around 2:00, it looks kind of flirtatious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6K2fRx5TMY

What do you think? The only gays/bisexuals I have met are greek.

Yeah, it's a stereotype but there must be some truth in it as it wouldn't be a stereotype, people don't just make up stuff that is completely untrue, I think it is somewhat true but they are defensive and in the closet as bisexuals.

2. LD579

I hate to burst any bubbles, but confirmation bias is likely strongly at play. I don't think that it's really a stereotype, either. Most, if not all, stereotypes are common/commonly heard of; I've never ever heard of the 'stereotype' that Greek men are statistically more inclined to not be straight.

3. I agree with Luthan. I've never heard this idea that Greek men are more likely to be gay or bi.

4. Hexagon

Um... isn't this stereotype supposed to apply to the ancient greeks, not the modern ones?

5. Techno Kid

Yeah the mondern Greeks are even from a different tribe that moved in as far as I know.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 100% sure that that is crap. I'd like it to be true, as for a little while I was contemplating moving to Greece. But it's got to be a mostly baseless stereotype.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never even heard of this stereotype, which on the whole sounds pretty stupid since there has been no evidence that homosexuality is found in a majority of any group of people. There are more gay/bi people in the UK than just Greeks. Greeks are a small minority.

8. Mzansi

Eh,
    I feel most men do have some sort of same sex desire,
    Whether just curiosity,
    Or full blown sexual attraction.

Culture just dictates that they repress such thoughts,
    And therefore many never really understand their "feelings" regarding the matter,
    This is not to say all men are Bisexual or Gay,
    But I do think it's not as black and white as it's made out to be.

Though as someone said above,
    You seem to be seeking specific information to affirm a point,
    Rather than look at all the sources :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: