1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effeminate people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've noticed so far that all the effeminate boys in my life are gay, with the exception of one. It's really weird and I feel the only non effeminate gay. Anyone else seen effeminate gays?

2. Techno Kid

There are lots of people of all types, you just have to look for them. :slight_smile:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I have seen gay and bisexual men who are masculine, and some who are feminine.

I'm much more feminine. And it's not a way I chose to act. It's just how I am.

4. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not insulting effeminate gays or people it's just that I wish i could someone like me.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you only asaume that masculine guys are straight when they could be anything.

Although there is some truth in what you've thought. Without heteronormative expectations, a lot of gay and bi men feel free to express themselves outside of traditional masculinity. However, there are still just as many, if not more, masculine gay men around. They're just considered to be straight by most people.

6. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not saying all effeminate men are gay, it's that I've met a lot of effeminate and out of the closet.

7. Incognito10

There are very feminine gay and very masculine gay men, as well as gay men in between the feminine-masculine spectrum. Feminine gay men just stand out more and the reason, I would assume, is simple: most people assume "masculine" gay men are heterosexual because that is the prevailing gender stereotype that is most common in society. It is noteworthy, feminine and masculine traits are not a true indicator of sexual orientation either. The main way to find out the extent of diversity is to mix and network in different crowds. For example, I live by a major city, so I have attended LGBT social events and have coworkers who are are gay, who I never would have assumed as such. I am much more in touch with my feminine side than I am my masculine side and I embrace it. I also embrace the diversity all around me. Again, there are people all over the spectrum...I recall one gay male I was conversing with a while back who said he feels very alone in the world because he is not "masculine" enough to fit in with the straight crowd and not "gay" enough to fit in with the gay crowd; and this should really not be the case--we should be helping and befriending people on the qualities they bring into the world and into a friendship (or what ever), not how feminine or masculine someone is (the only dividing point here would probably be differences in common interests, which may stymie a friendship, but at least that is not based on a hang-up regarding ones orientation or gender expression).

8. Hexagon

Yes. I saw one at 1309 yesterday. I believe he escaped from the theatre, and notified the authorities immediately.

Other sightings of the species have been recorded over the last three months, totalling 86. One notable individual claimed to have a girlfriend, to the utter disbelief of everyone within earshot.