1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Gay] Could Tasmania be the first... [Marriage]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by awesomeap88, Jun 20, 2008.

1. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just found this news article about a gay marriage bill to be introduced to the Tasmanian state parliament. If it passes, they would become the first state in Australia to legalise gay marriage.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080620/2/17d6x.html

2. Tim

Tim

Tasmania is in australia? :confused:

God, That's horrible. XD Then again, all we learned is Australia is a continent and country in school :S

Sounds interesting though :astonished:

3. davo-man

Tasmania is like the sibling that we all want to forget. Haha, total joke, actually my parents went there a few months ago and said it was a really nice place.

That's great news! I'll be really happy if it goes through, however from the sounds of the article, it looks like a slim chance. Hopefully we get some more changes in this country soon, and I think we are definately heading in the right direction for those changes :grin:

4. ausdtc

Oi! Tasmanian here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Though, not sure if I count, I lived in Vic for the first 3 years of my life!

It'd be awesome news if it did pass however, may start the ball rolling in the other states/territories as well.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's insane! Ten years ago, Tasmania was the most anti-gay state Australia ever had and was the last Australian state to remove legislation that criminalised homosexuality, so this kind of turnaround is kinda unprecedented!

I totally want to say "boo-YAH!" but somehow that doesn't seem to fit. Fit me, I mean. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#5 joeyconnick, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008