1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blm, Dec 16, 2013.

1. blm

blm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anyone ever had the urge to pack up everything and just go and see the world, I mean I'm 25 and feel I'm wasting my life sure a good job is nice but surely we wasn't put here to work and that's it. Anyone else in the same boat as me as seriously considering doing this and would be cool to have someone to travel with especially as I'm a complete travel Virgin and would know where to start lol

2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just do what you want.

3. coreyl13

I've been there. And still sometimes think about it. To be able to live like a gypsy traveling meeting new people new customs and cultures. New place every day. Then I remember I have a job a car payments a million other payments my family. It sucks thinking about being tied down at 24. I have a friend who moves every year and has traveled the world many times. I miss him anyways I agree with you it would be a dream.

4. Mrtambourineman

I love to travel. I have no cash though lol. After I finish college, I may think about it.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I know EXACTLY how you feel.. That's why I never work in a long term job! Like currently I'm going to work till the end of this year. I want to travel and see the world.. not be in this "System".

6. kem

kem

Once I get my conscientious objector shit out of the way and I've finished studying art (assuming I ever get into any art school lol) I'd like to sell all my surplus stuff and travel around the world with only the things I can fit in a suitcase and a backpack. I'd like to travel around the world; as much of it by train as I can, and the rest on foot.

You've probably heard the term YOLO once or twice. Apply it!

7. freeskies

I really admire your spirit and courage! I too have dreams of exploring the world, but i know practically its not viable. Because i dont know or i'm not good with interacting with people. And considering my shyness and submissive nature, i dont think I can or want to explore. That's just one aspect and then considering financial stuff..... :eek: :icon_bigg

8. Incognito10

Ahhh wanderlust. Yes, I do get this because I get bored and restless. However, I am not a risk-taker so I know I would only do this if I was very wealthy and not have to worry about all the financial issues of traveling. With that said, the most I can hope for is to be able to perhaps take a few nice vacations to exotic locales in my lifetime.

9. Tzoa

I've always loved traveling, and as soon as I get my degree I plan on packing my bags and going somewhere. Either with WWOOf, Peace Corps, or teaching English abroad. It'd be nice to travel with a friend, but all of mine are married and settled down.

10. Jwis

I get to travel for work mostly in the states. I often take an extra day or two after my work travel (usually a weekend and Monday) to explore where I am. Free airfare is always nice.

Life is way to short to sit by and not see the whole world. Once I get more established I would love to see more of it. Now just need to find someone to do it with!

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I had the cash to travel...

12. 303pilot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to do this is to work for an airline, specifically a large one that flies all over the world. That way you get to travel the world for free!

I work for a large airline, the pay isn't the greatest, but the ability to jump on a plane and go anywhere is just amazing. I don't think I'll ever leave the industry! I have a travel buddy who is one of my coworkers, we usually do a trip about once a month.

The key to keeping it cheap is exchange a set amount of currency before you leave and spend only that much. Also, staying at hostels is cheaper and a great way to meet other people.

We did Tokyo in August, Honolulu in September and again for Halloween, Sydney in November and we just came from Bangkok last week! We're planning another trip in January or February, not sure where. I'm open to having more travel buddies. :slight_smile:

Anyone else here work for an airline?

13. Hexagon

Yeah, I'd love to do this.