1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else a toddler?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Series I feel that teenagers revert back as toddlers (mentally). For example i do the opposite of what someone says without thinking and my mind wanders a lot. And I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. I also hate being told what to do. I theorize that teens regress back as toddlers mentally. Anyone else?

2. TheMightyBoosh

Hmm, I suppose this is true.. I mean it kind of just sounds a lot like rebellious behaviour. I don't know many teens who do as they are told and who's minds wander a lot. I think that's just part of being a teenager...but if you feel you are actually a toddler at times than that's different. In a sense teenagers tend to rely on parents sometimes as they did when toddlers which is quite interesting... get quite excited over things easily but mentally if you were to revert mentally back to being a toddler you wouldn't be able to do all that much for yourself and would not be able to do thing's everyday teenagers do. A small child's thought process is very different to a teenager but It's possible for teens to at times act and seem younger in behaviour as a way of coping with certain situations or may just enjoy doing so in the comfort of their home around family may appear different and a younger side of themselves.

Anyway...there is my answer. Hope I have helped a bit. It is a natural thing though and I think all teens get like that..even adults do. I think it can be a good thing. Being an adult can be very boring and adults need to be able to be kids again sometimes :slight_smile:

3. Data

Data Guest

Eh, I don't feel like I do that.

I don't ask for advice unless it's specific to a profession or something I haven't encountered yet like taxes. I just do my thing and fuck up occasionally.

If someone tells me what to do, and they don't have the right to, I will call them out on it and make a stink. If they tell me what to do but I'm expecting direction it's ok.

My mind wanders, but I think that's healthy and normal. Day dreaming is very normal and I used to do it in class a lot. Every shower I take is like one big giant day dream.

To me toddler behavior is not putting your toys away, but putting them away if your parent's say not to. It's screaming and crying if you don't get your way. It's hitting people if they make you the slightest bit angry. It's going right in to personal attacks when you debate something with someone or making fun of personal appearance just to make someone feel bad.

4. Silver Sparrow

I start talking more like how I did when I was younger if I'm tired or grumpy. I also walk differently. I have been sent to bed in the past 3 weeks for having a tantrum. I was running on 3 hours of sleep, and my human courtesy goes out the window when I'm really tired.