1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach a guy checking you out???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brightsky, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hopefully this is the right section to put this under.

So today I was doing some Christmas shopping at one of the malls in my area, when I was walking down one hall and I saw this really cute guy walking towards me from the other end. As we were getting closer to one another I looked over at him and he was for sure checking me out, he kept looking over at me and smiling. I didn't know how to react so I just smiled at him and kept walking. After this happened I kept thinking how I could have approached him, talked to him. I'm really horrible in those kinds of situations and can be very shy. It would have been perfect if I had the balls to approach him since I was at the mall by myself and didnt have to worry about outing myself...

So for the next time something like this happens what would you guys & gals suggest I do.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

2. Data

Data Guest

Walk up to him and ask if you have ketchup on your cheek. When he asks why just say how you couldn't help but notice how giggly and smiling he was. Then if he says he just thinks you're cute, bingo. If he says no there's no ketchup, then you can just say he has a really cute smile and should just smile all the time.

Either of those endings should wind up with the idea of attraction getting through to the other person. :grin:

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should have said:

OOOOOH ja makinmehorny.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Boy, this is easy when both are on the same page in terms of interest.

Actually, when this has happened, I usually find myself in a conversation that has already lasted 30 minutes.

I had a situation just like this once, and it pissed me off. My then best friend was in from out of town and we were at a shopping mall in a somewhat liberal neighborhood. He had gone into one of the stores. I was in the atrium waiting. A guy who was very similar to me, but different enough, kept looking down from a level up. Had my friend not been there, I would have nodded. Cold day, too. I could have used a bed warmer. Cold, gray days make me hornier than sunny ones.

At any rate, if this dude, or another one, is checking you out, it sort of means you have a green light. Just start a casual conversation about this and that, and see where it goes. If you start out with something like "I noticed you checking me out" or something else loaded, it may backfire.

5. Renge

You make it sounds so easy I'm jealous.. usually when saying "you really have a cute smile so keep smiling" like you suggest it, they will say "oh thanks!" and then that's the end of conversation :$

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could say "Hi" or maybe "Are you lost?" Since you're in a mall, you could ask for directions to a store (or better yet, make him show you). Then, you could ask some more things like his name or advice on something. Basically your trying to get him to be involved in talking to you.

7. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, hopefully I'll have a chance sometime soon to try some of these out :slight_smile:

8. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Smile a lot and make some kind of small talk. Then, go post an ad on missed connections on craigslist. Just kidding. Don't do that, but do make small talk.

9. AlamoCity

Walk towards him and drop your phone (if it's got an OtterBox) or wallet "accidentally." He'll probably try to help pick it up. Stoop down as he does so and have y'alls hands brush. Then make eye contact and smile. After that, I don't know, offer to buy him coffee for being such a gentleman?