1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Church This Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleGrey, Dec 19, 2013.

1. PurpleGrey

Hey evvies.
    First off, I'm in a horrible mood/state of mind since I forgot my meds. I'm gonna be exhausted in the morning because It's 1:20, too.

But on to the thread:

This Sunday, a friend I met recently is gonna drive me to church with her, at least probably. Thing is, it's a gay church, and I've only been to straight churches, so I don't know what to expect or how to act. I assume it'll be like any ordinary church, except with the occasional topic of homosexuality as it relates to Christianity, that sort of thing. And also an LGBTQIA congregation.

Of course, I'll have to control my tendency to bring up politics for no discernible reason. I should know better. Also, me being me, I've already planned what I'll wear and how I'll do my hair, like a dork. I'm just so exited that I'll be able to go out and meet other people! I hope I can find a someone! Haha, that's me, alright. Goin' to church and thinkin' about what cute girls might be there. :rolle: But hey, it's not like I don't see every outing as an opportunity to find a someone!

I'm gonna be so nervous! I hope they have snacks. Up until my brief stay in Texas, I just assumed all churches had snacks. Then I went to my grandma's church, and I was quite disappointed. But oh well. We all went and blew grandma's and my aunts' diets on Logan's every Sunday, so I can't bitch. But I hope there's snacks. My mom's uncle is a pastor, and his wife makes bitchin' church snacks.

So, anyway, if anybody has any advice, ya got until Sunday morning to say it. Lotsa thanks in advance, evvies! It's 1:45, I'm gonna crash. :smilewave

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Just be your happy self and enjoy!!

I have been to a few gay-friendly churches and the atmosphere has always been really loving and warm.

The only thing that I would say would be to keep in mind that if you don't like this particular church then don't write all gay-friendly churches off. Just find one that fits your needs and makes you happy!

Let us know how it goes!! :slight_smile:

3. PurpleGrey

So, I went yesterday. It was pretty fun, even though there wasn't a sermon, just carols because it's Christmas. I did get some goodies since it was my first time there, so that was fun! I got a rainbow bear and a little folder full of stuff I haven't gone through completely yet. I'll tell y'all how it goes when I hear a sermon!