1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murder mystery dilemma??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kgirl, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so things have moved on a lot with me since I was last on here! I built up the strength to break up with my boyfriend of 8 years and I am now with the girl that I have loved for over a year now! :grin:

Unfortunately though she lives in the US and I'm in the UK. But we are very much in love and I have already visited her in September and now she's coming to visit me for new year! I'm very excited but here lies my small but not insignificant dilemma...

Basically my family are having a murder mystery party for new year. Now I'm sure some Americans are familiar with these but it is new to my gf, and considering the fact that she hasn't met any of my family yet etc and this is new to her, as well as being in a strange country, she's understandably a bit terrified. But the worst part for her is that her designated character is supposed to wear "an expensive but understated evening dress". My gf is feminine, but she's tomboyish and would definitely feel uncomfortable in a dress. I have told her that wearing dressy pants is fine but I think she's worried about letting people down if she doesn't dress the part. There is a male character she could swap with but I think thats a bit of a defeatest option and I think she agrees. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. I know in the reverse situation it would help me be a lot more comfortable if the character needed slacks to be allowed a dress. I would be quite a bit looser and able to be more myself with the family (and I have even done stage parts) but anything to help comfort her in an already stressful situation would be nice. So a nice set of dressy slacks I think might help the situation. Just add some appropriate jewelry or something to set the mood of the character.

This way she can concentrate on "working your family"

congratulations on the situation :thumbsup:

3. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm not sure what slacks are, but she has found what she calls a 'onesie' (to me onesies are fluffy with ears or whatever hehe but this is an all in one top+pants) that she will feel comfortable wearing.

I hope you have a good Christmas! :grin: