1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BearLover, Dec 19, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion...

Straight relationships are great at first but seem as if they deteriorate towards an old age. If you look at an old straight couple, a lot of the time they look miserable. It seems to me that once the woman gets to a certain age that she doesn't want sex, the relationship goes downhill. They start arguing more and the wife becomes more like a companion that just bugs you, hence why many older men look elsewhere. Although sex is seen as "Dirty", we can't get enough of it and if people are deprived of sex it leads to neurosis and psychosis. But heterosexuality is what the world is based on, if we didn't have it, we'd become extinct.

Gay relationships, although seen as wrong and unnatural, are beneficial for the world, if we didn't have gays then everyone would reproduce and the population would become too much, homosexuality slows down the reproduction process. But I've heard that it can easily lead to AIDs, if a man is screwing a man from behind then it can eventually cause AIDs, wikipedia says that "The risk of transmission from anal intercourse is especially high, estimated as 1.4–1.7% per act in both heterosexual and homosexual contacts.", if you are to have anal sex all the time, you will eventually catch it. But the advantage of homosexuality over heterosexuality is that men are prepared to have sex until a very old age, maybe even until the day they die unlike woman, so a gay old man isn't deprived of sex for the rest of his life while a straight old man is.

Bisexual relationships are in my opinion the best, if you can have a choice between a man and a woman, isn't that better than being limited to one. And if you're partner is bisexual too, you can have group sex. :slight_smile: I would prefer a life being experimental, trying out everything I could, even if it was with a few men and women at the same time, imagine how good that'd be! With bisexuality you can have sex for the rest of your life, you won't have to worry about a whiny old wife like a straight man. However if everyone were bisexual and not gay, the planet would have too many people on it and not enough resources.

So, what do you think is the best sexuality? IMO bisexuality.

2. Sarcastic Luck

Uh. You're wrong on a number of accounts. I've known plenty older men that were incapable of having sex. Hell, I know an older man who's unable to have sex due to health issues and is in the middle of a divorce due to his wife running around on him.

If men "[were] prepared to have sex until a very old age", there wouldn't be a market for erectile dysfunction medications.

Your statement "if people are deprived of sex it leads to neurosis and psychosis" is also incorrect given that there's people that have no interest in sex and are perfectly happy and sane.

3. LD579

I think this whole thread's premise is faulty, honestly, and that's not even bringing into the account the arguments made. There is no one best sexuality. People can be asexual or gay or anything, and they shouldn't really be ranked against each other.

Let's please remember that not all bisexual people are polygamous, and that not all 'monosexual' people are monogamous.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I won't comment on this. Again, it's so person specific and there are pros and cons.

What I will comment on is the rate of transmission of AIDS via unprotected anal sex. You are correct in that not every act will transmit the virus. However, once or twice is sufficient for some people and some people engage in unprotected anal sex repeatedly and don't get infected. Regardless, this is not a reason to engage in risky sex. It's Russian Roulette. The question this has always brought up for me was just how promiscuous were the few people I know who have passed away from AIDS, where were they accessing their sex partners, and how did they keep it all under wraps, meaning their sexual preference? Of the few people I know who died, some were clean cut and almost preppy and the others were regular guys, but party types, living in or near gay ghettos, if you will. Scary times. And we're not out of the woods, by any stretch of the imagination.

5. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

6. edgy

edgy Guest

there's lots of happy hetero old couples!

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best sexuality is YOUR sexuality. Whatever it is, whoever you love, own it.

8. edgy

edgy Guest

^^^:eusa_clap

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're right, MINE is best. So there we have it, concrete proof that the best is whatever the heck I say it is. Not you guys, me!

So there.

:3

10. Bingo

I read the title and had my answer - you beat me to it, I have been giving this for years

the best thing for anyone to do is accept their innate orientation - something that took me MANY years due to the way I was raised and shamed.

whoever you are be it and it is best for you.

11. Data

Data Guest

Two guys who have sex only with each other and didn't start with HIV positive status will NOT develop AIDS from having anal sex.

Your original post sounds like even 2 healthy people are bound to get it eventually. Not true at all.

12. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Heterosexuality is probably the best. I'm guessing the sex doesn't hurt as much and it's socially accepted.

13. castle walls

I think that there are a few dangerous misconceptions in this post. I don't want some someone to see it and think that it is inevitable that they'll get AIDs if they have sex.

That depends on the particular woman. Plenty of older women want sex. The whole women don't want sex thing is a stereotype. Sarcastic Luck already covered a lot in this area.

That last part just isn't true especially if the people are in a monogamous relationship. While anal sex does have a higher transmission rate for HIV than most other sex acts, condoms can cut the chances of becoming HIV positive by roughly 80% (citation in CDC link). Having a lot of anal sex does not mean that you will eventually get AIDs. There are plenty of older gay men that have been having anal sex for decades and don't have AIDs. According to the CDC, the risk of becoming HIV positive from insertive anal sex is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures and the risk of receptive anal sex is 50 per 10,000 exposures. Also, as Data said, if neither person has HIV then no one will get AIDs.

As for the original question, I don't think that there is a best sexuality. People have different experiences with their sexuality. It is all so subjective that I don't think we can call any sexuality best

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sapiosexuality ¬¬

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ASEXUALITY :grin: Alright, I just wanted in on this controversial thread.. There's sexuality better than another.

That said.. If we did have a hunger games-esque battle, my sexuality would kick your guys sexuality's ass!

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no "best sexuality." They're all equally good.

17. PurpleGrey

Well, yes and no. You can't really deprive a person of something they don't want. People who do want sex, given they are not virgins (virgins are like a light switch in the off position, and once the switch is on, it cant be turned off again...in this context), will continue to need sexual gratification for their mental and emotional well being. The reason behind this is the drive to have sex, and if there is none, you can't go crazy for lack of gratification.

Onto the topic at hand:
    From a social standpoint, that being population, Kinsey 4.5 is best, because the population would be low enough, but humanity would not die out. From any other standpoint, there is no answer other than "to each their own".

18. Jessica79

This thread is silly IMO there isn't any best sexuality you are who you are

19. Sarcastic Luck

..Virgins can have sexual desire. You don't need to have sex for the "on switch" to be flipped. I've never had sex, but I have sexual desire. There are many people who abstain from sex willingly and don't go crazy.

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexuality is not something that we can willfully change, and so there can be no best because that implies something that is inborn should dictate what is considered good or bad. It's like asking what is the best hair, eye, or even skin color, which is a very dangerous proposition.