1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by michaelman, Dec 20, 2013.

1. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ok what going on is that I keep on hearing people say that im going to hell for being bi then I lost my phone witch is acullay a life line for my friend that thinks suasidaly and im the only person that can help and on top of that there is this guy ii like but he is Christian like me but im not sure that he is the type that is totally aginst homosexuality or the type that belives god and not homo but homo friendly or that his is gay but also belives in god gush oh marry cristmas :slight_smile: lol

2. Data

Data Guest

I personally don't believe us LGBT folk are going to hell. The God I know and love wouldn't do that, and if he did I wouldn't worship him. So please, don't take what these false prophets say for gospel.

If you lost your phone, you just have to back track. Go to where you think it might be and call it. You'll find it, unless someone stole it. If your friend has an episode of sadness while you can't find your phone, they csn always call a suicide hotline who will talk your friend down and get them to feel better.

As for the guy, you just have to feel him out. Hang out with him and bring up some LGBT news non-chalantly to see what he says.

3. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well the bible also says that they wont inharet the kingdom of heaven

4. Data

Data Guest

The part of the Bible that was written BEFORE Jesus died for our sins? Forgive me if I find that to be a little outdated.

Jesus is the savior. He died to give his pure of heart to ALL.

Also, God is timeless. He is past, present and future. He would never have made us gay if He hated anyone LGBT. It makes no sense.

5. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yea now I feal better

6. Hexagon

The bible was written by who exactly?

7. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    many difrent people

8. Data

Data Guest

I truly hope so. A LOT of LGBT people are turned off of religion because of the hate we get from seemingly all sides. I can't speak on anything other then Christianity, as I don't know the same info I do for Protestant Christianity.

Leviticus is old. It was (IMO) written by a man who wrote it through the eyes of a man living in his time period. He wrote the societal norms into the book. I REALLY dislike how people raise Leviticus in debate, yet they ignore all the other "unholy" things like tats and shellfish. It's stupid.

Then Jesus came along and died to save everyone. The NEW Testament is born. Keep in mind, Jesus didn't write the Bible though, and bits were writen up to several hundreds of years after Jesus' death.

Finally, of the two "unforgiveable sins" spoken of, homosexuality isn't one of them. Failure to recognize Jesus as the savior is the unforgiveable in Christianity. Suicide is also said to be unforgiveable, but I disagree. Many people in the Bible commited suicide. Also, "whosoever believeth in me shall have everlasting life" doesn't say anything about suicide.

Even if God hates homosexuality MOST OF ALL, Jesus' sacrifice paid for it from day 1 to doom's day.

This is why I really hope you don't listen to those who spew hate in Jesus' name. They are missing the ENTIRE point of being Christian. They don't preach God's word. They only want to make you feel lesser then them, but in God's eyes we're all his children and he loves us all.

Please think about this Michael.

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey michael,
    I was conflicted on my orientation because I am a Christian also and thought that God hated homosexuals because of all the hate that is received by the religious community. But you know what I found out? God is a loving person and would never look down upon homosexuals because of the way they were born. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the bible says something like you are worth more than many sparrows and even the hairs on your head are numbered. That sounds like a loving God. John 3:16 "For God, so loved the world that he sent his ONLY son...", his ONLY son. That sounds like a loving God to me also.

10. castle walls

You might want to watch the video at the bottom. It is a bit long but it is a fantastic video and is definitely worth the watch. In the video, the speaker is Matthew Vines, a Harvard student that took time off to study the Bible and learn what it really says. He goes through the Bible and explains every Bible verse that is used against homosexuals/bisexuals/etc. If you would rather read it, the transcript can be found here. I think that watching the video/reading the transcript would really help you

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

11. Hexagon

Yes, people. Not god. Whether or not you believe in god, it was people who wrote the damn thing. People are stupid and full of hate. Don't measure your self worth on what it says.

12. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    now im gonna cry :tears: because thows were good words:eusa_clap

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2013 at 04:59 PM ----------

thanks

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2013 at 05:01 PM ----------

yep your right on that one

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2013 at 05:01 PM ----------

now im going to go hide bye lol