1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know what I can do for Trans rights?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Being Genderqueer (although I don't plan to transition) I have respect for trans people, but despite the increase in gay and bi rights there is still a long way to go for trans people.

What can I do to help them? I try to be a good friend to the trans people I know but apart from that I want to do something more

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Become a person in power, and pass laws to help us. But that's asking a lot.
    I think transsexuals need trans rights the most.
    You could start a charity to help those in need, and include transgender people as one of those groups.
    Or you could teach people about us. Most people only have nebulous knowledge about transsexual and transgender people, and most portrayals of us are negative. And we hardly get represented at all!

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. Increase trans visibility. Show people that we're not a bunch of freaks. I've found some people just need a little nudge in the right direction to gain a positive view of trans people.