1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wasp, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Wasp

Wasp Guest

I heard people talk about these people with this ability to identify if someone's sexual orientation by not their appearances, but with a sixth sense that they have.
    I think I can tell for some people by how they look at me, or their appearances, but I'm never sure.
    I mean, I'm still confused about myself:rolle:

I'm just interested but does this actually exist??
    do you have perfect 'gaydar'?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gaydar, is like stereotypes, only moderately based in truth but not universally applicable.

Unless I'm wearing skinnies and heels or a skirt people would never guess I'm "other". Even then no one in public comments beyond cute shoes once in a while :slight_smile:

3. Larry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think it exists and if it does I certainly don't have it

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunate huh?

5. Unless I declare, no one reads me as lesbian and I even wear items to show it, rainbow type items and this sort of thing

Even while moving into my new apartment one of the movers saw my rainbow flag and said his wife was a supporter also. I laughed and told him - "I am not a supporter, I am a member"

I also know that I have many friends who are of a mixture of orientations & genders and they present in so many different ways the it makes it impossible to differentiate.

6. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just don't assume anything about anyone.

7. unsuspecting

honestly I don't there is a gaydar I believe in people acting "gay" (stereotypes) to attract other men, but that is the closest thing i can think of to a gaydar.

8. Kreiger

I started a thread a couple weeks ago asking about gaydar too. As far as I know its about as rare as a sensible congressman.

9. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are times when I'll get a "gay vibe" from someone, and I find that more often than not I end up being right. That being said, however, I've also met people who've given me no such vibe who I later discovered were gay.

10. BlueLines

I wish I had it, sometimes I get a sense, but normally I have no clue unless its blatantly obvious.

11. biggayguy

My gaydar is unreliable. Sometimes I'll know right away. Other times I'm way off or the person is deep in the closet. For example, I swear I get a vibe from Joel Osteen. It's the fact he is well built and handsome. He also winks in the TV camera. Maybe it's the bright lights or maybe it's something else. It would not surprise me if he declared he was gay and left his wife.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine is not always reliable. Short of behavior which is not typically straight, I go off of length of looking and interest displayed. Combined with a crappy or distant marriage or the fact that a person has not married, I'd say the math adds up.

As for Joel, I think he looks like a weasel and sort of conniving, but I think his mannerisms when speaking on a talk show are very scripted and odd. I don't know what to make of him. I know I don't like him, though.

13. AlamoCity

I kinda wish I had it better so we could all identify each other and make dating easier. That said, most I could identify have certain facial expressions, manners of dress and/or speech, or certain intangible characteristics I can't define.

14. Colours

I think my gaydar is pretty good. I'll look at a guy for a second and be like yep he's gay. Or the contrary. Though there are people who are just very hard to read. It's hard to judge myself but I think I'm the latter. That's because most of the people I came out to had no clue, even gay people, but there are a few with better gaydars and more experience with gay folks who could tell.

I don't really fit into any of the stereotypes, I'm far from flamboyant but I'm really not like most straight guys either. Straight guys I come out to are always like "Well you're the 'normal' kind of homo so like, I don't care, dude".

15. Scarlet V

Out Status:
    Some people
    i don't know, well, no one would guess that i like girls so umm :-?? i don't have it but it sounds pretty cool :grin:

16. Huma

I'm really interested in this. :grin:

17. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do have it, but I have a sixth sense for other stuff as well.

18. Wasp

Wasp Guest

Wow wish I had it...

19. Fellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's no such thing as a perfect gaydar. There are people who can pinpoint more accurately LGBTQ folk, not only by realising mannerisms, but also by perceiving the way they look at both genders or even how they behave socially speaking.
    This is the best definition I can make up for you. xD

20. Wasp

Wasp Guest

Oh that makes sense, thanx :kiss: