1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im PISSED at my dad...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FlyingCakers, Dec 22, 2013.

1. FlyingCakers

FlyingCakers Guest

123, Fake street, Fake city, Fake state, The Moon
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my parents are divorced, and my father divorced because I'm gay. He recently remarried and has been trying to get more time with me. Every single time I speak when I'm arround him and his wife they will both tell me:
    "Shut up faggot." Or similar. Like because I'm gay I don't DESERVER TO TALK!?
    I'm pissed but he's legally FORCING ME to go over to his house just so he can bash on me :bang: So :***: him and his wife!!!

2. Simple Thoughts

That's awful :frowning2:

Don't feel bad, my dad used to be a jerk like that. I remember one time he basically compared me to a prostitute. That kind of stuff hurts, but people like that don't really care all that much.

It is a bum wrap now, but just remember this if anything. Every ounce of crap he gives you now can be utilized as motivation for you in the future. :slight_smile:

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh, that sounds like a hate crime. He and his wife berate you like that every time you go over there for being gay or gay bash you? I would definitely record them doing this and take it to the police. They have no right to do that to you, even if your dad has some sort of custody over you. (*hug*)

4. Daydream Harp

^This, that kind of awful behavior got to be illegal. Hope things goes better soon.

5. Data

Data Guest

You're 14? That's emotional child abuse.

The judges don't really make a case on a child's testimony, but if you could tell the judge that this occurs when you are forced to visitation, perhaps the judge will modify the visitation agreement.

Does your mother have full custody?

6. Simple Thoughts

If the court system can help you any that's good.

I doubt it will though. The court systems are set up with considerations in the following order: 1.) the Female parent then 2.) The male parent and finally 3.) The child. Odds are they'll do what mom wants first, then they'll do what dad wants, and maybe on a random off chance they'd consider what the child wants when dealing with the child's life. Usually they don't really care at all though. If they even listen to you it's as a formality. Children don't have rights in this country. It's why indoctrination is so easy, and how fundamentalism even exists.

7. leer

he has no legal right to treat you like that no matter how old you are .You diddnt mention your mum is she aware this happens to you .

8. Hexagon

Tell him to go fuck himself, or something similar. You don't live with him, right, so you don't have to see him.

9. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's child abuse. Tell your mom about this. Maybe even record them doing it or piss him off 'till he hits you. He'll lose any custody and visitation rights in a heartbeat.

PS: You're 14, so you're old enough to decide with which parent you wanna live. You also are old enough to decide which parent you don't wanna see anymore and the court must respect your wishes. So, if you don't wanna see him anymore, just say no.

#9 Adi, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  10. Aldrick

Talk to your Mom, as others have said, but more importantly talk to your Schools Guidance Councilor. Inform her (or him) what is going on with your father, and ask if there is anything they can do to help. They will likely be able to get you in touch with Child Protective Services, who will help you go over your options.

11. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that was one hell of a dad! like you I'm pissed with my father everytime he talks I feel like my anger just burst out even if he was just trying to talk well you can't blame me if I do such things because he try to cheat with my mother and insult her, calling names when in fact she didn't do anything. He really is the main reason why I'm trying to get out of this apartment where we currently lived and instead start to have a life on my own away from home and him cause if not I'll be hating him for the rest of my life which I don't want to do, I still have respect even if I know he doesn't deserve it.

12. that varies nation to nation and she seems to have declined to state - preferring a very generic location

this is certainly child abuse

do check into your jurisdiction and see if the 13 year decision applies to you - you might just be able to state where you want to be and state I am being abused I decline to go or if you are required visitation you might be able to request monitored visitation (this would require a government official to be there during the whole thing and then he could not do this anymore)

13. Simple Thoughts

Fair enough I hadn't considered that. Besides, I'm probably just speaking out of scorn for the Justice system since it never accomplishes anything worth while here in the U.S. Rich people have affluenza here.

14. freeskies

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hope you get to report this hateful behavior from your father.

15. FlyingCakers

FlyingCakers Guest

123, Fake street, Fake city, Fake state, The Moon
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Homeschooled.

16. Aldrick

Shit. Alright. Well, you still have other options.

I'm not sure what state you live in, but you can Google "Child Protective Services" and your states name to find their website. You can look up some contact information there. Write down their phone number. Then I suggest speaking to your mother, assuming she isn't going to defend the actions of your father.

I then suggest you both sit down and call CPS to report your father and how he's been treating you. You don't have to live in an abusive home. CPS exists to protect you. At a minimum they're going to file a report based on the information you give them, which can then be used in court against your father in a custody dispute. Most likely, they're going to send someone out to talk to you, and get a feel of what is going on... and if you do have to legally return to your father's home, he won't be able to see you without a supervised visit. (Thus, meaning that someone from CPS will be there to protect you from his abuse.)