1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sorry, but Jamaica is not on my vacation list.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lodiug, Jun 21, 2008.

1. lodiug

http://365gay.com/Newscon08/06/062008jam.htm

I'm fine with the fact that they're homophobic, they can't change that. But that they're beating and killing gay people is a little too much for me! And the police doesn't even protect you, or arrest the abusers!! No justice for gays??? That's f**ked up!!

2. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunetly there are pleanty of places in the world that do the same thing, take Iran for example or Russia or most parts of Africa.

3. lodiug

I also know of Iran and Africa. In Iran you get death sentence for being gay. But Russia??? I never knew...

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Russia is better than Iran by far. I wouldn't put Russia in the same category as Jamaica and Iran.

5. LOVEjames

I'd have to agree with Ty. I've read plenty of articles like this, and Russia is considerably better in it's attitude towards gays than Iran and Jamaica. I know that someone here lives in Kingston, and he's said numerous times that he can get killed if he comes out.

6. sexyalex

not Russia, i know an openly gay russian :dry: and...

erm...It's sad to say i live in Jamaica...but.....i have to be honest about ONE THING.

This much i DO know about Jamaicas, they will brutalize and kill "locals" who are gay and i know this is gonna sound weird but call it a loophole, whatever... everyone has it wrong
    in Jamaica it's not homosexuality is illigal it's bugry that is illigal and "outragous behaviour in public" for example 2 guys kissing.

Nevertheless, i have seen gay people if not beaten by the people, ther was one case i was at the fishing village and i heard this huuge commotion and i went over to see what it was, they were stoneing this guy who they suspected to be gay (there was this tape goign around about this gay house party and it was like a witch hunt to kill all on the tape) so by the time the police, came..he was still alive. They took him away, and took him to jail and he died the following morning. They say he died by a cellmate who killed him. But the public has reason to belive it was the police who killed him. :dry:

i would like to also emphasis on somehting. I have seen gay couples come here before and stay at the hotels (of course 7 years in a row Sandals jamaica has gotten #1 hotel rating in the world) Nevertheless these guys are accepted, OPENLY...they walk on the road holding hands and....no one says or DOES anything which is really bizzar to me and i asked my school guidance counsoler why? an he says, (now this is comming from a GROWN MAN!:dry:slight_smile: "no one has a problem with white gay people because it's there culture but we don't want any jamaican fags here. Homosexuality is for white people not black people"
    I was so startled i just took my backpack and left his office without saying anything. :confused:

Later than day, i asked my parents the same thing. My mom said she thinks all should die. both black and white (that was understandable atleast my mom sticks to one side) and my dad said, He has no problem with gays, he works with a couple at his office. he just dosn;t want any in his family. So i left the conversation there and forgot about it.:frowning2:

In economics class, i wrote an essay i can post on EC which i got the highest grade in the class (and all the kids thoguht it was unfair) because i wrote on something no one would have thought of. While everyone wrote about pridictable topics such as job oppertunites, pollution, crime and violence amongst youth, gang violence...i wrote about how much homophobia is destroying out economy and breaking us away slowly form the global market. At first my teacher asked me if i wrote this cuz i was gay...people :lol: i would have sworn jesus off the cross that day to say i wasn't but it's true! and see...it's already happening. A country that sole depends on tourisim for economic growth and now people done wanna come here cuz of the violence against homosexuals.

I love this country, it's the people i don't like... :shrug:
    God, knows i am soooo dawm LUCKY to be alive idk how i do it! I mean, the constant teasing the mocking, the threats....why am i not like the guy from the school just down the road from mine who is waaay more straight acting than i am; who got chopped up and have his body placed in a suit case and dilivered to his parents then have his house burnt down....a 15 year old y'all :tears:

allah must really love me...

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thanks for posting that Alex. It is interesting and really sad to hear about how things are there from someone who lives there and has to experience that every day. Take care of yourself. (*hug*)

8. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ive seen some articles on the russian military's treatment of gays(not good), esspecillay difficult because its complusatory

9. Ty

Ty Guest

From what year?

And most militaries aren't very nice to gay people. America's military isn't exactly pleasant for the homosexual, from what i've read.

10. jazzrawr

I'm pretty sure some of russia is ok with gay people...
    I mean, TATU is from russia.
    and they were popular.
    so it can't be bad all over russia...

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Paul said, Alex thanks for sharing that with us. It's a shame that they have to treat people like that. Take care and stay safe. :slight_smile:

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us Alex. Stay safe, and do take care of yourself.

13. Luke123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a gay Russian friend, so Russia isn't that bad with homesexuality....

14. Zenage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :confused: That's awful... Guess I'm lucky all my friends are so supportive. Hope someone does something.

15. Chamber of Life

I'm in utter shock! I cant fathom living a life like that. You are awesome and please stay safe like the others said.

16. sexyalex

thank you everyone for your kindness (&&&)

17. SlickyPants

Thanks for posting that Alex. I read about some of these sorts of things happening in Jamaica and I'm glad that I live in a tolerant place. Reading your own experiences living there really moved me. It seems much more significant when it is someone you know. (Even though we don't really *know* each other in the true sense of the word). Take care and stay safe (*hug*)