1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm moving out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tyrael, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Tyrael

So finally at the ripe old age of 25 I'm moving into my own place and leaving the parentals behind. Freedom! :icon_bigg ok so I have no idea what to expect and I'm terrified but I'm still excited! Now I'm free to do well...my own things lol yay! Just wanted to share :slight_smile: lots of people here have helped me get this far so thank you all!

2. congratulations! how exciting :grin: (!) :thumbsup:

3. Hexagon

Thats great. Lucky bastard. I hope it goes well.

4. Ticklish Fish

congrats! yay!

5. Techno Kid

YAY!!! (!) :eusa_danc

6. Tyrael

Thank you all :icon_bigg it literally just fell upon me so it wasn't planned at all but I took the chance. I don't consider myself all that lucky though. I have lots of work to do and my life isn't where I wanted it to be before I moved out to be honest. However, I'm hoping this is the catalyst needed for change :slight_smile: I'm hoping I can leave behind the bad influences of my current life and move on.

7. leer

congrads will admit its a big step I shared a house with a bunch of people was alright but this year I got offered my own pad not to far away from Mum&Dad but it does get lonely sometimes .

8. Tyrael

Are you enjoying the freedom of being on your own though? To be honest I think I need to be on my own. This flat I'm moving into is about 15 miles from my Mums so it isn't that far because I drive. I truly believe that I can make 2014 the best year for me, I'm sick of just shuffling along in life. I am sure it will be lonely, but that really doesn't bother me.

9. leer

I would have liked a better flat the walls a paper thin . it took a bit of getting used to but I got the place looking nice like yourself I drive and its close to work bf just up the road to so thats a bonus to .one of my neighbors fancy's her chances with me to never in a million years:roflmao: the loneliness I get like it sometimes .I do love the independence & freedom.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I also moved out at that age and have enjoyed very much the independence!

Don't worry too much about your dissatisfaction in life, I only started Uni at 25, after spending earlier years working and travelling. And don't think that Uni is the only alternative: there are incredible shortages of skilled trades like mechanics (think motorcycle mechanics, for example), aircraft technicians, or electricians, among others. They make good money and most of these jobs can't be outsourced to China!

11. method

Congrats man. I'm inspired to do the same soon :]

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats and good luck!

13. emkorora

emkorora Guest

Have fun! If you'll not be sharing with roommates then my best recommendations to combat the loneliness are twofold.

1) An apartment overlooking the streets, or with windows to open, helps a lot. Hearing the people nearby reminds you that you are not alone, there is life beyond your walls, things to do, people to meet.

2) This next suggestion is similar to the first. Regardless, having your windows opens helped me create a mindset to open my doors to taking a walk, seeing the city, etc. Walks, visits, hobbies, meetings... any chance to go out and see the world and the people in it also will help counter the solitude of living alone!

Hope it goes well.

14. thesimpleguy

I'm happy for you man, congrats! :slight_smile: :icon_bigg