1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you make out with your lover in the movie theater

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Dec 22, 2013.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always heard some people say they do that because it gets really dark and they make out there has anyone ever done this ?

2. I hold hands - I consider it in poor taste to be all over each other in public, no one should be making out regardless of orientation. (basically - get a room)

a kiss in public is fine, just be polite

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm pretty shy myself i would only feel comfortable if it was just us in the theater

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've held hands with my ex-BF throughout the whole movie once, it was rather nice...

5. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never done it, don't plan on doing it. I think holding hands and stuff like that is just fine.

6. AKTodd

Nope. I'm the sort of person who wants absolute quiet in the theater when the movie is playing and no distractions. I'm there to watch the movie, not be romantic, let alone affectionate. My partner is the sort of person who laughs out loud when something funny happens onscreen (during a comedy film of course) and it pretty much makes me grind my teeth. Fortunately, he has other qualities that compensate for this:slight_smile:

Todd

7. don't mind this at all, people who react to things as they are created just means they are human, the film is for communication and is made to make you feel, so reactions are fine.

Talking I despise.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do it but i've been taught by my parents that is is rude for a lady to laugh out loud in public so i only laugh out loud at home and never in public , i just giggle

9. Silver Sparrow

I'm not a huge fan of PDA for any couple, but I am a huge cuddle-er and hugger. I cuddle with pretty much everyone who is close (emotionally) to me, but I wouldn't be comfortable with anything beyond a quick kiss with a romantic partner (I don't have a romantic partner).

10. william123

I think if you sit in the far back corner and there is nobody around making out is acceptable. If it's a crowded theatre then I'd have to reconsider since I am generally not a fan of PDA's either. There is something romantic though about kissing in the theatre. Takes me back to my pre-teen and teen days.

11. Sully

I need someone like you to watch movies with! My mum is one of those loud laughers that make you miss the next 10 seconds of dialogue!

12. sammy1

That would annoy me if I saw anyone making out in a theatre because what's the point of doing that there when you could do that somewhere like...I donno...your house?! I think it's rude. I work as a cashier and even when I see a couple being all kissy and shit to each other and holding each other really close I get sooooo uncomfortable like I can't even look at them

13. AlamoCity

Never dated, but I'd probably only hold hands or have one of us rest their head on the other's shoulder or something like that. Some light kissing would be fine, but not fully making out.

14. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i havent but i would :slight_smile:

15. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They need to get a f*ckin room.

16. leer

iv'e kissed my ex in a cinema thats about it Iv'e paid to watch a film

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holding hands and maybe exchanging a kiss now and then was about it. I've known people who've gone all the way in a movie theater.

18. kem

kem

I'd like to have a shoulder to lean on in the theatre. Exchanging kisses is fine too but I think too much intimacy would distract from the screen. I think whispering a remark or two during a film – such as "wow that was sudden" or "check out her shoes" is fine too, I tend to do that, I don't mind laughing either.

I was watching the Hobbit sequel on 11/12/13 and the audience was clapping whenever something cool happened. That annoyed the shit out of me – For crying out loud, it's not like you're at a play!!! No one's there to receive your applause!

19. Caitlin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've not but I think it would be nice, as long as we're at the back so it's not annoying anyone (and maybe so nobody else can see), and as long we can still watch the film.

I also don't mind other people laughing etc. during a film, as long as its not interrupting the film too much!

20. pansy

yo i didn't pay eight dollars to slobber all over my partner, we can do that for free at home.
    Also PDA is gross and people need to not.