1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not a narcisist, but...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Motto, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, I know this could come off as really vain and conceited, but, here goes.

I dressed today in clothes I wouldn't normally wear. I wore more skater-ish clothes. I walked passed a mirror and could not help but stare at myself. I was thinking about how cute I was. I would totally hit on me. :slight_smile: hahaha I just stared for a little while. I'm not really the kind of person that does this kind of stuff often.

Have you had this experience. If this happens to you, is it because you dressed differently or did something different? I also wonder if this happens to straight people. Maybe I'm just having a narcissistic day. :slight_smile:

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was how I discovered I look good showing off my chest hair with all three buttons of my shirt open.

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I think the only time I ever really stare at myself in the mirror is when I'm dressed in something girly.

4. Jwis

I don't think so. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in the way you look, or changing things up to look good. I feel more comfortable when I am dressed nice, hair styled. I know I look better when I'm dressed a certain way so I do it.

My friends all give me a hard time for spending to much time on looking nice, it's all in good fun though.

5. kem

kem

there's nothing narcissistic in that, I think. It'd be narcissistic once you start crying because you can't actually hit on yourself and there's no one else good enough for you.
    I like to look at myself at times. I can admire my arms and my neck one minute and be turned off by my abdominal fat the next. Still, by looking at myself I've really learned to appreciate my body for what it is; I don't love every bit of it but I can improve those.

6. Xochipilli

Nothing wrong with giving yourself a little confidence boost. :icon_wink

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah you pretty much love yourself. :X

8. thesharkamander

I've done the same thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't really see anything wrong with it.

9. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks people, I feel better about it now. :slight_smile:

10. Sitri

The story of Narcissus is about a man who becomes infatuated with his own reflection. Technically what you did was by definition narcisistic but as long as you don't stop at every shiny surface to check yourself out, nothing is wrong. If anything I'm jealous you can look at mirror without wanting to smash your head through it and use the shards of glass to blind yourself.

11. leer

quite allot when I was 15-16 maybe a bit to much it kind of stooped when mum caught me doing it . still do it sometimes before setting of to work

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. Had loads of moments like this, but wasn't until I started presenting male. Female, meh. Would I have asked out female me? Sure, but mirrors weren't my best friend. Still aren't, but I disgress.

But sometimes, I do look in the mirror and like what I see. The right angles are coming out in my face, chest's flat, flannel's working, and I don't look half bad. I probably would ask a guy out who looked like me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I never took selfies until I came out as trans. Now, I know precisely the right angles that work with me. :wink:

13. Thedistra

I've only somewhat stared at myself while naked in a mirror, like before or after a shower. Not in a perverted manner. Otherwise when I'm staring at myself it is at my hair, if I happen to have hair. Somewhat amusing is one of the only "girly" things about me is my hair. Well the way I treat my hair, its never in a girl style. It must be perfect, ALWAYS.

Personally don't really like looking at myself so it just doesn't happen to me.

14. Nikky DoUrden

this :slight_smile:

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's confidence and pride in yourself. That's very healthy. I admire myself in the mirror when I feel I look good, and it makes me feel better.

Narcissism would be expecting everyone to be attracted to you and thinking your attractiveness is particularly noteworthy and demands everyone's attention.

16. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have every right to do that. I mean your hot.

17. Satoru

I can be a tad narcissistic sometimes. I constantly look at myself to see if I am looking nice or attractive or look for the more flattering aspects of my body. I tend to fluctuate between this and being critical.