1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Gender Table

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by danball7, Dec 26, 2013.

1. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I know that a standard response to this kind of thing is "I don't like labels" etc, but I think this website has got a fairly comprehensive breakdown table of genders.

So what I'm asking is:
    1) What is the gender closest to how you feel you are?
    2) What, if anything, would you add to the table?

The Living Rede

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I would probably say genderfluid. As in for me I go into and out of a "girl mode" at random times. *shrug* don't know if that helps any.

3. Gen

Gen

Androgine Homosexual Andromale

If it was there, I would have simply chosen Androgine Homosexual Male as I am androgynous in terms of gender and expression, but not in terms of physical asethetics.

4. Hexagon

Two problems: The table seems to attribute sexuality to gender, when sexuality is quite obviously distinct from it.

It isn't very clear where trans people lie on it, as far as I can tell. A transgender person will not always have said internal organs and genitals of their assigned gender, because of surgery, and those that haven't shouldn't be classified as being their assigned gender anyway, because it results in a complete denial of their true gender.

I suppose the closest I'm going to get to this is Androgine Bisexual Androdite, being intersex and partially surgically and hormonally transitioned, but it doesn't seem to fit much.

5. Just Jess

I really don't like trashing things that people put effort to online. I will mention so it doesn't surprise people, the person who put that together obviously means well, but they do use "hermaphrodite" instead of "intersex". I agree it's also a little problematic for trans people, and for that matter cisgender people who have had hysterectomies or orchiectomies for health reasons. And his definition of gender and mine definitely clash.

On a deeper level though I see someone using the language they've got to try to wrap their head around an idea that's basically good; everyone's different, and there's nothing wrong with that. He just swims in different waters than we do.

He strikes me as the kind of person who has personal revelations and has to "teach" them to everyone around them. I have a feeling he benefits far more from his classes than his students. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I think that would explain a lot.

6. 1 ) closest to 14

F F F - but I am 51, what about those like my mother who had cancer & at 30 no longer "had the organs" where did she go then? did she suddenly become the hermaphrodite on the chart? What about other conditions that make it impossible to have children, many are born unable to have children and they still count. (the hermaphrodite being the invalid word issue has already been addressed above, we are neither worms not snails)

B ) I guess add a FS and MS for male and female sterile? there might as well with this thoght be provisions for trans people who are in various stages or choices of transition? those who will or won't live certain ways or have the surgery? guess that takes the genders from 20 some to over 100.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Good lord. I mean.... Great and all but can't I just be a guy, no strings attached? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. much more succinct way of saying it, I went the other way by saying if you are going to do this you need to add a heck of a lot more to really show everyone.

9. timo

I don't like tables :icon_wink

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that I am probably an androgyne homosexual man.

11. L1Ly

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wot am i? Phew... We call me Lily :slight_smile: Is that not how it should be? Only in my dreams i suppose!

12. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a girl and I feel and act like a girl. Sometimes I wish I were a boy, but I'm glad I'm not.
    Nothing :3