1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training Gaydar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grof142007, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Grof142007

I think this would be good to talk about.

What show that im gay is basically all the rainbow stuff that i have on. and that fact if i cant control my emotions i start to be a flamer.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My daughter was training her grandma on our trip to New Orleans. Evidently she thinks she's got it down. :grin:

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I think about it....absolutely nothing about my appearance shows that I'm gay. :rolleyes:

4. whenufree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol that makes me laugh. I wish i could learn that also

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I always hang out with girls and very few of my friends are guys. I'm surprised how people don't notice it.

6. interstella

Well, I just bought the gayest belt I could without outing myself (I'd post pics but my phone is broken). Does that count?

7. Andrew

I second this for me :grin:

8. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

My clothes are very bright.
    I hang with girls pretty much all the time.
    I "flirt" mostly with girls. I just started noticing that straight guys often flirt with other guys... it's weird.

9. ccdd

ccdd Guest

The clues I give out are:

- EYE CONTACT with girls I like who set off my gaydar. This is my biggest clue, I think.
    - General avoidance of discussing men/male actors
    - "I really like [insert female actress]". Sometimes when brave: "She's really hot"
    - Gentle flirting, which a straight person might not pick up

Also, not through my person, but generally:
    - "Single" on Facebook, but no "Interested In" filled in.

So these are some of the signals I hope to give off to set off other lesbians' gaydar!!

10. Beebo

I use my hands a lot when I talk. That might just be my french side though. I am not exactly noticeably gay though.

Plus... its a lot harder to tell who is gay with all the Metrosexuality floating in the atmosphere lately :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

11. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is me. Also you could probably tell if you hang out with me for a while, but I'm getting better at hiding it.

My clothes aren't "gay" I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just how I act or who I hang out with.

12. jazzrawr

I'm not noticably gay at all.
    I have a pretty good gaydar, but very few people guessed about me until i told them.
    Only one person did, and she's psychic >.>

So obviously...i'm not obvious. lol!
    But I really do give off hints...
    like never talking about guys. And talking about lesbian movies and how cute they are...

I try. :frowning2:

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I should point out that I have been sussed out by two bisexual women - both before I even knew myself. I am clearly giving out some sort of vibe :slight_smile:.

14. Level N Human

When people ask me to dress up I come in a coat and slacks instead of a dress.

I wear a lot of button-up shirts that are very long on me.

I think people consider me pretty androgynous in my mannerism.

I refer to the person I like as "the person I like" instead of "him".

I send pictures of ladies I think are sexy sometimes. They are usually clueless since they just think I am being lewd. Which I am, I guess.

There are a few scantily clad women on my walls and 0 shirtless men.

There are often nude women in my art

My hobbies include: video games, comic books, and other prepubescent-boy things.

I have set off a few gaydars...

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear rainbows pretty often. I'm not very typically girly - one of my male friends declared me an honorary man yesterday when I backed away from a conversation with some female friends as soon as it turned to squealing about shoes. I don't care a lot about clothes. That's about it, really.

16. Trumpetplyer23

My gaydar is like fifty-fifty. But some people trick it, making it go off when they're really straight.

However, my mom has dead-on gaydar. It's hilarious. I have this friend that everyone thinks is gay. We went to one of their games and I was so afraid my mom would have a slip and yell "[insert name here] is gay! I know it! They tripped my gaydar". Especially since we were right behind their parents.

She didn't yell that, but when we got into the car to go home after the game. She looks me dead in the face and says "your friend, [insert name here] is gay. I think they're in denial. Or just afraid to come out of the closet".

17. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hmm.. my gaydar is pretty good but I would never trust it 100% without confirmation.

Basically, bless I love them to bits, but lots of my friends are so clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean, I give off many singnals and no one as of yet has asked, ironically the people I have told seemed pretty shocked. Right, my list of what I think are obvious clues:

I never talk about guys or say which guys I think are hot.
    I always try and get out of any conversations about the above.
    I hate pink, dresses, make up, pretty much anything girly but I love wearing suits :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I love any type of sport and prefer watching football to shopping.
    I play hockey for god sakes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (okay - that one is a joke I have with some of my friends lol)
    I have told a friends that I hate being in the closet but at least I have Anna Torv in there with me..
    If anyone says "that's so gay" I generally reply "just like me!"
    I own more sports kit than other clothes...

Okay do I need to carry on?? I thought I had given off enough "gayness" for at least one person to twigg.. oh well!!

I think the main one is the awkwardness around discussing people of the oppersite sex - I don't want to lie to people, so I just remain silent.

Oh and very few straight girls in the Uk have heard of the L word.. that's how I sussed by bi friend lol.

18. ccdd

ccdd Guest

You're friends sound totally clueless...especially that one about Anna Torv...:roflmao:

I think that gay people have better gaydar than straight people, because we know the sorts of tricks and signs that WE give out, so we notice them in others.

19. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Ummm, I use my hands a lot while I talk. I tend to skip with my girl friends when we go to the mall... I call them my girlfriends and not "lovely-bitches" but that sometimes comes out and I get smacked on the shoulder. I say "OH MY GOD!" when I see something amazing.... or say "She's really beautiful..." or "She's gorgeous" instead of "She's hot...."

And I know all the words to "Hakuna Matata" and sing it... a lot....

20. Jace

Ummm I'm obcessed with hair (speciffically my own) and make up and fashion

I watch antm and what not to wear and talk like a fag, I'm not really trying to hide it anymore