1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are straight girls always this touchy???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Dec 27, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

In the past five or so years I have been around mostly women. This is due to the fact that all of my high school buddies were girls and that at the places I work (retail) 95% of the staff are female.

I am not a very touchy person. In fact, I really can't stand physical intimacy. Yet, sometimes I have to put up with it because the straight females around me are so dang personal and touchy!

For example in a work setting, I have been hugged three times at work by various coworkers, had both bosses put an arm around me to introduce me to head office people, and had someone hold my shoulders as I asked them something. (All of these acts were done by straight females)

In a friendship setting, my old group of female buddies used to be just as bad. They would cuddle up against each other during movies, hug as a form of greeting constantly, eat food from one another, share the same drink, hold hands, etc.

Does anyone else have have experience with this??? If I try to tell girls that I don't like getting hugs or doing anything physical like holding hands, they take it as a personal insult. :help:

2. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have friends just like this, and me being uncomfortable with people touching me unless I say it's cool had and have to tell others this.
    You could try putting it back on yourself as not to offend them, but in truth they have no right to be offended. It's your body you have the right to tell them to calm down off the touching a little or have them ask whether it's okay to hug you or stuff like that.
    Hope that helped.:slight_smile: