1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom is training our puppy so wrong...ugh!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sammy1, Dec 28, 2013.

1. sammy1

So we have this new puppy for about a month and a half now and she was born in September 2013. She is 3/4 lab and 1/4 Rottweiler named kearra. At night she sleeps in her kennel which is in the living room. We also have a 2yr old Pom-chi (named cocoa)and during the day they like to play fight but kearra gets too rough sometimes and makes cocoa yelp so we don't want that obviously but what mom does instead of separating the two somehow or smacking kearra on the nose or bum she throws her in the kennel ( and this is during the day!) which she hates because she knows she is being punished wen she goes in there so she constantly barks in there! So what I'm thinking is because she thinks she is being punished when she goes in there during the day she also thinks that when we put her in there to sleep at night so she barks when we put her in there at night and I cannot stand this constant barking, not to mention every time cocoa hears a fucking noise she barks! Ugh! So our house turned into this bark house and I just wish I could move out right now because I am just going fucking insane! :***::tantrum::bang: I don't think my mom is training our puppy very well at all I don't think she should b putting her In the kennel during the day when she does somthing wrong. What do u guys think? Got any suggestions? Because it is now 7.30am and kearra got put back in her kennel and is still barking! And all I want to do is :***: sleep!!!!! I need Caesar Milan! :frowning2: :tears:

2. Nikky DoUrden

No one is born with the ability to train dogs, you can watch some training videos or call a professional even for a little bit to get things started right :slight_smile:

Oh and I saw you know Cesar Millan he's quiet good at what hes doing, and u might not be able to do what HE does (he is professional), but u can learn about dogs behaviour and maybe better train the dog :slight_smile:
    One thing you can start with is a long walk, maybe your dog is very energetic ?

Anyway I hope you will solve it out one way or the other :grin:

3. Gallatin

Yeah, it's not good to have the dog sleep in the same place that is her "time-out" area during the day. If you want her to sleep (peacefully) in the kennel at night, she can't be thinking that she's in trouble. Perhaps there's somewhere else that your mom could put her when she gets in trouble?

4. Data

Data Guest

Never EVER smack a dog on the nose. They have all of their nerves that are used for smelling in a long strip on the roof of their nose. Hitting them can damage those nerves and take away their ability to smell.

Other then that, you are right about sleeping in the kennel and being punished in it.

I feel for your situation. Honestly, if a dog kept me up all night barking, I'd be probably kill the damn thing. I HATE barking dogs that don't shut up. Just another reason why I'm a cat person...

5. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would call the RSPCA.

6. can you take your dog for a long walk when you get home from work or something so she will be tired and more likely to sleep during the night?

also could you get her a seperate bed/cage and put it in someones room to sleep maybe she wants human company? i know some dogs are liek that. :s

7. sammy1

She is insanely energetic!

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2013 at 04:50 PM ----------

wtf?

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

I tried to explain this to my mom but she does what she wants to do. But I'll suggest putting the puppy in a different place for a 'time out'

8. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok I work with my local SPCA I train dogs before they are rehomed, what your mom is doing is definitely wrong and if she continues what she's doing your dog will develop bad habits, when the dogs are playing they teach each other what is socially acceptable so when the pup is too rough and the other dog yelps that's normally enough for the pup to learn what its doing is not wanted it might have to happen a few times before the pup understands it may take your other dog snapping at the pup before it understands how it should properly behave, your mom taking away the pup before the other dog can correct it is why the pup hasn't learned how it should play, you should definitely read up on dog behavior and how they think I recommend taking tips from dog trainer Victoria Stilwell