1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few questions.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by socialzombie, Dec 29, 2013.

1. socialzombie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, i've only just made an account on this site but i honestly don't know how to go about talking to people. I want to talk to people my own age but don't know where to go. Can anyone please help?

2. Simple Thoughts

Well the absolute best thing you can do if you want to talk to people your own age is to go out into the world and talk to people. I unfortunately don't have any tips for this, but if you're willing to get out there and try I'm sure you'll do just fine :slight_smile:

3. AKTodd

Hi, Welcome to EC :smilewave

Talking to folks here is pretty simple. Just post about whatever you want to talk about to whichever sub-forum seems to fit the subject best. Then just wait for replies and then post your replies in turn to the same thread. You can either just post a general reply, reference who you are specifically replying to by including their name (ex: AKTodd, thanks for replying) or use the quote feature on the forum to reference something specific that someone said that you want to reply to.

You can also post a reply to anything that someone else has posted if you wish, although it's generally good to check the date on the thread or most recent post to make sure you are replying to something current.

There are people of all different ages on EC so you will probably get responses from people your age, around your age, and considerably older than you depending on the subject matter. If you want to talk to someone 1-1 you can post to their wall initially and if you become a full member can private message them. Guidelines for becoming a full member can be found on the website. One exception: you can PM members of the staff at any time.

Hope this helps,

Todd

4. LongMayIReign

5. Hexagon

Hey, and welcome :slight_smile: This is what you do: Answer threads. Be intelligent, eloquent and spell reasonably (not saying you are not). Express your interests, and respond to others. And once you find people you connect with, send them profile comments. And there you have it.

6. basically that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    just get involved in threads and the boards and people will usually spark up convo if they find something you saind interesting or think you have something in common!