1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daniel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Daniel

Alright, I talk a lot and I talk to everyone.

Wait, that's a lie.

I don't talk to guys my age because whenever I do I on occasion stop breathing, gape, and on more than one occasion vomit from fear.

HELP!

:help::icon_redf:help:

2. sexyalex

u what?! why.....fear...of what?!:eusa_eh:

there can be 3 things;

1. lust
    2. wrath
    3. or envy

which Daniel?

#2 sexyalex, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I don't really understand exactly why its just guys of your age group? Is it cause your gay? Like its hard for some straight guys to talk to girls?

I know how you feel sorta, but not exactly. Just, I'm really shy and its kinda hard to talk to ANYONE except those people I know well. Its really hard to deal with. But I doubt its because your shy as it does not seem that way from what you said.

Sorry I can't help much and kinda hijacked your thread with a rant x( but I'm sure others can help...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's going through your mind during those times? "I wish I could think of something (better) to say"? "They don't like me"? What?

Lex

5. Daniel

It is more like I can't stop thinking "What is he thinking?"

I have had many problems with guys my own age before and usually can't help but to think that history will repeat itself. So I switch into the fight or flight mode of survival which gets me no where.

Basically I can talk to the girls but not the guys and well, I'm, not that interested in the girls.

6. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I experience the same thing. On average, I and my roommate only exchange less than a hundred words a day even though we stay in the room together for half a day.

Other boys even think that I'm arrogant since I don't usually talk to them but I simply don't know what to talk to them about or I'm just unsure of what I want to talk about.

7. Trumpetplyer23

I understand what you're going through. I went through it a lot with girls my age. Not really guys, because I've always been able to communicate with them.

It's kind of a confidence issue. You're over thinking what you should say. The more you think, the sicker and more afraid you'll make yourself. I've thrown up on more than one occasion for thinking too much. Wasn't pretty.

So, advice. When it comes to talking to guys your age, don't overthink what you're saying. Don't think "well, what if this is wrong. What is he thinking? Does he like me?" because you'll end up scaring yoursel into silence. Just think "Oh, there's a guy, I'm gonna go talk to him". Introduce yourself, say "Hi, I'm Daniel", and let the conversation flow naturally from there. You'll be able to tell if he's interested in the conversation through his body language. Learn how to read body language and speak confidently, and you'll be able to conquer the world :thumbsup:

Good luck.