1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Horse Out of the Gate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brett, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Brett

Today, I finally figured out why people post the word "bump" in forums. To bump a thread to the top of the list! And other than the overwheling pride I feel for figuring this out. I also feel abit....stupid.
    So to make me feel better, I was wondering if any of you guys out there have had a moment like this. Where you just figure something out that everyone already knows.

Another example of my brilliance, I was talking to my friend in the hall the other day about Sesame Street, (don't ask) and I suddenly realised that the Count was called the Count because he gave the number of the day....and then counted to it.......:icon_redf

2. LOVEjames

He's actually called Count because 'Count' is a title similar to Earl or Duke. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But it's also a bit of a pun, yes.

And I have quite a few of these... but I totally can't think of any right now. o.o

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn I have definitely had "duh" recognition moments but I can't think of any right now.

Of course, I always remember the one where I was explaining to my mum that "Protestants" were called "Protestants" because they were PROTESTing Roman Catholicism. Still, it's easier to understand not getting that given that the word is pronounced "prodestant." It makes more sense when you see it written.

4. Poring

lool, I'll try to remember some I have, cause its not really that often. But its so opposite for my friend. He's always so slow into getting most jokes we say and usually just says "aaaah! Okay! hahaha" after a few mins of pondering.

5. SlickyPants

In the movie 101 Dalmations I never realized that the name Cruella DeVille had the words 'cruel' and 'devil' in it until a few years ago.

[​IMG]

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow, I did not know that!

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If it makes you feel better, I don't know much about sesame street :wink: You probably know more than me.

andandand I know I have a few.... I'll try to think of them...

8. Hoppip

My favorite hobby was thinking about the different word parts that made up Pokémon names... Even though now they're boring and obvious.

Like Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres! That had to be told to me.. Haha.

9. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't understand the phrase of putting "the pedal to the metal" until high school. As the phrase implies, it means pushing the gas pedal all the way down to the metal beneath it, thus accelerating quickly. :bang:

10. LowestVocal017

Honey, it's Zapidos. :grin:

11. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Well add me to the list of learning things here.. Another forum I belong to, a few years ago I asked what the threads with the pins meant at the top. It was explained to me about sticky threads. stick PIN.... WELL DUH!! Talk about feeling foolish and I was 47 at the time. Okay and I don't know if anyone ever says this anymore to a guy who may have his zipper open - "Hey your barn door is open" - Just what the heck does that really mean?

12. LOVEjames

No, it's Zapdos. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Clicky.
    And even if it was, the last three letters would still be 'dos', so it'd make sense. ^^

13. Beebo

I used to think that dogs were all males and cats were all females (of the same species). I though this until I was 8ish when my parents had to explain to me why we had a female dog.

*Sigh*

#13 Beebo, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  14. Nerdtendo

I remember watching cartoons, where bees stung the poor victem in the butt. I remember being a moron, and screying with a bee's nest when I was a kid. I ran and covered my butt, only to learn they can also sting your feet, too. *I was bearfooted.*

15. LOVEjames

Oh, I remembered one. :grin: It took me quite awhile to figure out that 'K-9' referred to dogs. I always thought it meant 'Kindergarten through Ninth grade'. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I... thought it did... wow. I'm pathetic