1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Awakening

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dancingqueen79, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dancingqueen79

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it's random, i need help interpreting the songs
    "Mirror-Blue Night"
    "The Song of Purple Summer"
    "The B*tch of Living"
    "My Junk"
    and
    "Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind"
    I need to know what the titles mean and what the song is about
    So if you can help...that'd be great:thumbsup:

2. LOVEjames

... if this is a school assignment, I totally hate you right now. Just because this seems like... such a cool assignment. <3

And I've never seen Spring Awakening, so I don't know if I'll be of much help. But I can go ahead and look at the songs for you. :grin:

3. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Okay I don't know if I have them right but I tried my best.

The Song of Purple Summer reminds me of the transformation from being an adolescent teen (spring) to an adult (summer). Purple Summer is the type of flower that blooms in the summer, rather than spring. I think it's talking about how there's this loss of innocence and many hormonal emotions that everyone goes through and life may seem unfair, but then the purple summer blooms again, bringing beauty of life.

My Junk seems rather...yeah =P The song seems about guilty pleasures and having lust for another as an adolescent. "They say you go blind" sounds like masturbation. It seems like the characters are singing about sexual fantasies and stuff. "My junk" probably means something we don't need, but you're addicted to it and can't stop.

The Mirror-Blue Night refers to a naked blue angel. I believe blue is used to represent virginity or purity/innocence. The angel disappearing means that one's innocence is going away and that person is stuck between a child and an adult.

The B*tch of Living is about the frustrating desires the teens have as they wish things would work out how they lustfully want to yet it doesn't happen.

Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind is a contrast of the two characters. One thinks what it'd be like after his suicide, being free like a butterfly, free from all troubles and sadness, etc. And the other is full of hope despite the troubles with her father.

Sorry if they're not well done, I'm not very good at this. =D

#3 Nanzuniko, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Mirror-Blue Night:
    Melchior's in between adolescence and adulthood (I'm broken inside - of a man and a child). He doesn't know where he should go - be with his friends who are perceived as immature or be with the adults, filled with hate and closed-mindedness.

The Song of Purple Summer:
    Pretty much about life. I think this is sang in the end and Melchior is about to commit suicide, but was stopped by the ghost of his friend. Life ends and with it, a new life. (I don't really know the meaning of purple here, since all I can think of when I think of that color is royalty)

The Bitch of Living:
    The boys are beginning to act on their sexual desires when they're taught to keep it repressed.

My Junk:
    Masturbation. Guilty Pleasures, all that sexual stuff (my favorite song hehe)

Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind:
    Same as GMSuerte's interpretation :slight_smile:

... hopefully this post doesn't confuse you lol

5. dancingqueen79

Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks GM, really helped:thumbsup: