1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of career do you want in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ok455

Im sure you heard this question millions of times

I don't know what i want to do for a career im just having a hard time deciding. I want to go to school i don't want to sit around working at a job i hate

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

High School Biology/Anatomy teacher

3. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

i want to be a Zoologist, i love animals!

4. Wired106

I'm thinking business. Probably like financial planning or something like that.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

Working as a lecturer or something to do with teaching at university maybe :slight_smile:

6. Gynecologist. Just kidding, that's my backup. Umm I'm probably going to be some sort of lab type profession.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to be a primary school teacher, but most of all I'd love to be an author of children's books.

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to be a high school history teacher/part-time college instructor.

9. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Well... I was looking at something to do with forensic science. But now I've decided I'll do a coarse in biochemistry and see where that takes me... it could lead to forensics, or high school biology teacher.... or lots of other things. It will defiantly be science based.

10. Blitzkrieg

I want to work as an editor or writer for a fashion magazine. Journalism in general interests me as well. :grin:

11. otc877

otc877 Guest

Lots of aspiring educators here :slight_smile:

12. cc6log

One that suffices not to take up the rest of my life yet pays the bills-Suppose why I am probably passing on law, masters, or PhD...

13. sayitforreals

I just wish I knew what I wanted to do. It makes me so nervous that college starts in the fall and I still have no idea what I want to do.

I have always loved photography, but I see that as more of a hobbie. I love to write, but again I cant make a living off of that. I thought about teaching high school english, but I just cant handle kids/teens. I just dont know?

14. Poring

No offense to those who wanna be a teacher but I for one don't ever want to be one. Its just that I will be spending (or spent) 1/4 of my life in school, and I sure don't wanna live out the rest of my life in one again! I'll just die in crazyness lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, I wanna pursue business, like my dad. I wanna continue the business he started from the ground up and hope to be like him one day! :grin:

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a few reasons for wanting to be a teacher - for example, I'm really passionate about how essential literacy and numeracy are, and that sort of thing - but I think the biggest reason is that I want to mean to a child what one of my teachers meant to me. She was a friend and my role model and she encouraged and supported me so much.

16. Trumpetplyer23

High School English teacher or maybe College Professer.

'Cause I'm such an English nerd I want to share my nerdiness with the rest of the world :slight_smile:.

17. jazzrawr

Teacher, Actor or Archaeologist.

All VERY far apart, but oh well. XD

And i want to be a teacher because i had so many amazing teachers in school, and I am so close with some of them. I want to feel like I've changed someone's life. Like I made a difference with at least one person.

18. Étoile

Some type of Psychologist, a Psychology high school teacher, something to do with nutrition, or if all else fails, a funeral director. :eek:

I've always been interested in Psychology ever since I heard my sister talking about it when I was in elementary school. I decided I wanted to have a career in it in 8th grade but I was neevr sure what type I wanted to be. Either a Developmental, Clinical, or School Psychologist. After years of being a psychologist, I would like to teach it in a high school since God knows how much we need good teachers again.

I don't really know what I would do in nutrition, but I love food and seeing how much calories, total fat, carbs, ect. affects you and stuff.

If I fail at all 3 things or I suddenly have a change of heart, I'll become a funeral director. LOL I know it sounds bizarre and morbid, but the funeral industry is one most people do not go into, so there's not much competetion, plus directors get paid a lot of money. Think about it; people die everyday and you have to have someone knowledgable to direct the funeral. Could you imagine the major you'd have to take for funeral directing?:lol:

19. Malchik89

My Major is Graphic Design and my minor is Business Administration. So hoping thatll get me a job as a Graphic Designer

20. sexyalex

That's my back up :jawdrop: lol
    I want to be a Supermodel! YAY! *looks at picture of Tyson Beckford in room* he is first black male supermodel....my heeeerrrrooooo:love::grin:

I am got accpeted to study law but pfft, i guess my dad wants me to do law so i will just go to law school and PRETEND i am happy :dry: afterall, i got a scholarship it's not like it's THERE money spending right?:eusa_eh: