1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another question to all bisexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kikudog6, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kikudog6

So I started thinking about my future and whatnot and got a little scared about something I've never thought about. Right now I consider myself bi because I seriously like women but still kinda like men. I also consider myself bi because I know some people kinda switch around (unconsciously of course) from liking men more or liking women more or liking both equally, and I think it's possible that would happen to me.

So my question is, for those who switch around and find themselves in a relationship, do you ever wake up one morning find you like the opposite sex of your partner more. Like if you're dating a guy and then one day you find yourself liking women more? If so what do you do?

And for those who aren't in a relationship where something like this has happened, or just haven't been in a relationship at all, are you scared this might happen?

I know there's a big stereotype that all bisexuals can't be in a relationship because they never feel satisfied with just one gender, and I haven't actually woken up and liked men more than women before. But I'm only seventeen and just recently discovered that I like girls. And I really hope I'm not just enforcing this stereotype.

So yeah :grin: I hope that wasn't super confusing :lol:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My preference swings occasionally. But it's not a problem in a relationship because the change is mostly sexual in nature; I'm still just as romantically attached to the person as always. Not only that, but the swings are very short. It can be one day of liking guys more and the next day is liking girls more. Or even equally. So it's never like I go through long stretches of yearning where a relationship isn't fulfilling. :slight_smile:

3. BlueModern

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Rswordsman put it perfectly, as far as my experience goes.

I feel like when you're in a relationship with someone you love, it's really more about them than their gender. Even if on any given day you might be more attracted to one gender or the other, you'd still love your partner and not want to change anything about them :slight_smile:

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How is that any different than a monosexual finding someone other than their partner attractive? I broke up with my ex because she was far too insecure, controlling, and untrustworthy, not because I tired of women. It's crossed my mind, sure, but if people who were gayer than me have stayed in heterosexual relationships, and if I had gone over twenty years without having sex, it can't be that much of a stretch, assuming they're the right person for me. Relationships require sacrifice and commitment to survive, anyway.

5. Bibliophile

I go back and forth like a like a coin toss and its not really an issue. Frankly I love my guy because of WHO he is not whats between his legs. Though it does help that we have a semi open relationship for times we tire of male only sex.

6. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    500th time: like both all the time and don't think about the other when I just have one.

#6 Capsaicin, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  7. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly if I get in a relationship, I'd be kind of scared it may happen, considering emotional attraction, I switch around but I know myself and it probably won't happen, while I'm in a relationship, even though that's my fear.

8. Hexagon

I'm not concerned about it. My sexuality doesn't seem to be like that much. I care much more about personality anyway.

9. thediaryofjake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Depends on how you view relationships. I'm more of the monogamous type, so if I'm in a relationship with someone, I'm in a relationship with someone, not him and her and back again.