1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irrational fears?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kikudog6, Jan 5, 2014.

1. kikudog6

Anybody seriously scared or even just a little nervous of something that has .0001% chance of actually happening?

For me, I hate rodents. All of them. And we used to have mice in our basement which was basically just a storage place; for example, storing suitcases. So now we've moved and I'm still seriously scared of finding a mice/gigantic terrifying I'm-going-to-kill-you-in-your-sleep rat in my suitcase whenever I travel. :help:

So any of you guys have something like that? :lol:

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds to me like you might be a bit OCD. I'm not diagnosing you, but irrational fears like this usually occur in those with OCD. Some people won't drive because they're afraid their car will explode or they'll run over a child. I used to think someone was always in my closet or under my bed, and I'd check like 10 times each night to make sure no one was. XD These thoughts aren't easy to control without talking to someone professionally, talking to someone who understands, or taking medication. Do you have any other fears?

#2 Anthemic, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate flying over water. I have no problem flying over land, but there's something about being so far away from land if something were to go wrong that scares the hell out of me.

4. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I fear... I won't be period...and beg myself not to go...a lot

#4 Double Eagle, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  5. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a fear of being alive forever watching others die. Probably wont happen.

6. OhSOCurious

I have a fear of having my life be a total lie. Like in the movies, where a kid grows up thinking one way, and struggled but later found out it was for a reason or that everything he knew he knew it in the wrong context due to missing details and motives.

So yea...

7. kikudog6

No, I was just exaggerating about the extent of that fear. I mean I do hate rodents and sometimes feel like there's going to be something in my suitcase, but I don't freak out about it.

I just meant for this thread to be a fun one where people just talk about some weird quirks they have :lol:

8. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a bit nervous about sticking my hand down the drain in the kitchen sink because I'm afraid the garbage disposal will turn on and shred my fingers. The irrational part is that we don't have a garbage disposal.

9. Nikky DoUrden

well irrational fears are also called PHOBIAs :slight_smile:
    Its kinda different from OCD
    OP - u might have rodent-phobia
    thats not rare
    many people have insect-phobia or spider-phobia and stuff like that (!)

10. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

at contrary, taking professional help will make it worse, what i heard mostly people with these conditions are fed a few pills and nothing else, speaking from behind the scene here cause i am myself ocd at least 12 hours at day, specially some hours at day i cant stand my own mind to fly crazy on irrational fears

11. AlamoCity

I'm afraid of having my back to the entrances when sitting in an open area like a restaurant and if not possible, my heart will race a bit faster. If I hear a sudden noise like a car backfiring or glass breaking, I have been known to jump or hit the deck.

#11 AlamoCity, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  12. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

anyone out there afraid of wasps? cause in my living room there was just a large one flying around must been at least 3 inches dang xD

13. BlueModern

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Mirrors at night, especially near my bed. I'm always freaked out that I'm going to see something moving behind me through the mirror. I always have to sleep facing away for them or I'll be up all night staring at them and looking for any signs of movement (I had nightmares more often than not as a child, and still do, so that may explain it...)

14. Nikky DoUrden

I would get a heart attack.

15. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

lol and i first open the curtains and flew outside, minutes later bang she is back on the living room flying throught the roof and around, then i just went to buy cigs and my sister spread it some raid and said it went out after again edited, seems my sister forgot to check the floors and minutes later the wasp was still there lying on the ground suffering, i had no choice but to slam it, i totally hate to have to kill living creatures

#15 Darren18, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  16. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One big fear I have is someone grabbing my feet when I'm lying in bed. It doesn't matter if it's 100 degrees, my feet need to be covered. For some reason it helps