1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of gay friends…

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by indecisionmaking, Jan 5, 2014.

1. I have lots of friends, but what I noticed is that most of the gay and bi people in my year are all friends with each other (and me), and were before any of them came out.

Like the gay people are friends with the gay people, and were before any of them knew. I just thought it was weird.
    Most of my primary school friends are and were straight, but when I moved to secondary school and started questioning my sexuality, I made friends with all these people who are now also coming out.

Wondering if it's a coincidence, or something more…?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My best friend from elementary school turned out to be gay. In high school, I was friends with a guy who was never really "in", and there were more than a few who I was kind of friends with who came out later. I think most gay people are just comfortable with others who might be gay because they don't judge them for not acting like their [heterosexual] gender stereotype and aren't afraid to be seen with them.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never know I gay person in my life. There does seem to be a gay group in my course but there not friends with me.

4. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i dont know any gay/bi/les people in real life which is actually depressing.

5. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I do think it's interesting how some of us are able to find each other even before people start to question. I know its happened to me, I don't know if its coincidence or not though.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's only two people out at my school, and they're dating each other :grin: There's a guy who's like unofficially out, and I think he hangs with them though.

7. baby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe y'all's personalities just clicked because of that.

8. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend circle is the same way. I was kinda shocked when one by one, we all started coming out as different things.

Out of my six closest girl buds, one's a lesbian (and my ex but ya'know details details), one is asexual, one is bi/pan, one is bicurious, and one came out as questioning but really just said "Screw labels" and likes both genders. Only one is completely straight. With my three closest guy friends, two are bi and one is straight. Except for the lesbian, I've known all of these people for at least a year before they came out. I guess we all just kinda gravitated towards each other...? XD

9. musicgirl18

Unfortunately, I only know one gay person in real life, and he's fifty years old. *sigh* Hopefully as I get older and move out I'll meet more people. :slight_smile:

10. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've only known one person who was gay and that was my older sister's friend. But I technically didn't actually know much about him outside of what my sister talked about him.

I have seen people who are open about their sexuality but have never befriended them. Usually because they are either just passing by or avoiding me.

11. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my friends are gay, and to be honest. They make me more comfortable with myself and I don't have to worry about saying anything that would seems odd for a person of my calibar to say

12. An Unknown User

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know any other gay/bi people where I live but that could just be that they haven't come out yet. Though I'm not sure.

13. jp36

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish this was true for me. I didn't meet a single gay person (out then or out now) until I went to university, despite the fact that my school was in the gay capital of the UK. And then despite being at Cambridge, one of the most LGBT-friendly universities in the country, I've emerged with a grand total of two gay friends. And neither of them are anything like me whatsoever, so I'm not sure the friendships will last anyway.

14. Foster

I don't know any gay people, but I know some Bisexual people in real life. I actually don't seem to get along with any of them. I'm not really sure why that is. But I have a very "different" personality so I definitely don't click with everybody. It seems the only thing we have in common is our sexuality, and that's just not enough to build a friendship on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still think you get vibes from people. I hang out with people I've known for years but perhaps because they are gay,they care more about you,or maybe straight friends care as much but don't show it in public. I made friends with people who were honest with me and I knew cared about me,and not to my surprise,a few guys turned out to be bi.