1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you like to know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jun 26, 2008.

?

Would you like to know the time and date of your death?

1. Yes

24.7%
  2. No

75.3%
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just filled in some crappy death calculator which has me down to die in 2050. Mehhhh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, my question. If there was a way to find out the exact date and time of your death would you want to know? :grin:

Explain whyyyy. :sunglasses:

I personally wouldn't. I prefer the whole not knowing when thing, and i would hate to think "I have exactly x time left". :help:

2. Helen

Helen Guest

Nuh uh, not quite my cup of tea.

I'd be so haunted by the knowledge, I think I'd go insane. Same reason as you, basically

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Noooooo
    Knowing the date of my death would probably ruin my life

I hate deadlines :roflmao:

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would. Death is just another inevitability in life and I don't think it would screw with me to know when I was gonna die.

5. Malchik89

I wouldnt want to, only because that kind of takes the meaning out of carpe diem. Because then you cant treat everyday like its your last, because you already know when the last day is. So living life would truly just be awaiting that day until you die, and whats the fun in that? XP I'd rather not know and live everyday out to the fullest.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no D= I'd hate to know.

7. agraves

I don't want to know. I'd much rather be taken completely by surprise. As said in previous posts, I would drive myself crazy with the knowledge. Everything would seem so trivial. Relationships, career, etc. Yeah, I don't want to know.

8. Trumpetplyer23

No, because I'd be so angry that I'd die on that day. That my time with all my friends and family would end. I'd waste so much time being angry, I'd forget to enjoy life and end up dying unhappily.

9. Jebs

The only reason I would want to know is if I were to die young. Like from now to about 30. Other then that I wouldn't really care. I just want to live till I'm atleast 30, I figure it all goes downhill after that. :lol:

10. Pancake

no way, i would be thinking about it all day and ticking off the days until i die, deppresing....

11. lostinthought9

yea, I kinda would like to know, so i voted yes, i guess cuz i would like to do all the crazy things before i die, and make peace with everyone, well almost everyone, and stuff like that...

12. jazzrawr

I think that if you knew when you were going to die, it would take all the excitement out of life!!
    I said no, cause i'd rather live life to the fullest and never know what's going to happen.
    And i'd be so pressured to get some things done, i wouldn't have any fun :frowning2:

13. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

If the source was reliable, and people actually died when he told them they would, I would have to do as many drugs as possible and go skydiving the day i would supposedly die. And it would be awesome. It would also probably be the reason I died. Lol

14. Hoppip

I have to be honest, I'm afraid of death. I'd rather not know the specifics (ESPECIALLY the cause.)

I think...

One day I'll finally get over my anxiety-attack-triggering-crippling-phobia of big mechanical carwashes, and I'll go get a carwash and I'll die a horrible death.

;_;

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Nah....I think it would take too much out of living.

16. sexyalex

why should i be botherd. I go by the philosophy "yesterday was history, today is a gift and tomorrow is a mystery":grin:

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, I wouldn't want to know. It would cause me to plan for it, and would probably also cause me to do stupid things (like driving dangerously) now, knowing that I won't get killed because it is no my time yet.

18. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    um we have to wait another 48 years untill martins gone for good :frowning2: jk bud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

no . will ruin my life

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Wow, I thought I'd be the only one who voted yes. I would actually find the knowledge of when I'll die freeing rather than burdening. It would allow me to not worry about whether something will or won't kill me. Of course, I wouldn't use that as an excuse to do dangerous things; it would just make me happy to know when it will really happen. Maybe that's just because I find it more comforting to know that bad things will happen than to have no idea whether they will happen.

In all honesty, I view time as a fourth dimension, and I don't believe there is anything we can do to change our fate. In my opinion, free choice is an illusion. You think you have free choice because the human mind creates the illusion of control. Therefore, to me, knowing when you will die is no different from knowing what is above you or below you. (That's the third dimension.).

20. panda

No.Years ago someone read my palm and said I would die when I was 50. A recent test said 84.
    When it's time to go, it's time to go.I'd don't want to know.I'd like it to be random, like an icicle falling from the top of the CN Tower.