1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you want to know if someone was in love with you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WallWeed, Jan 6, 2014.

?

Would you want to know?

1. Yes, and I'd want them to tell me personally.

45 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Yes, but I'd rather hear it from external sources.

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Yes (other reason).

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. No, it'd be painful and awkward for both parties involved.

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. No (other reason).

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. WallWeed

Many of us struggle with whether or not to tell our crush how we feel about them. Even if they're straight, we somehow rationalize that, regardless of their orientation, it'll benefit them to know that they are deeply loved, albeit unrequited. But I never thought about how it would make me feel if the shoe were on the other foot, as it were.

If there was someone that was head over heels in love with you, but there was no possibility that you would like them back, would you still want to know about it?

If so or not, why?

2. Daydream Harp

Yeah I would like for them to tell me and I would do my best to let them down easily, trying to remain friends but just making it clear that it couldn't be more than friendship.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'll have to think about this. I suppose it's up to them really, since I don't return the feelings. It must suck to have to tell someone that.

4. Hexagon

Yeah. But then again, I'm not against the idea of dating any gender, so it's a little different for me.

5. Van

Van

I would definitely want to know if someone liked me or loved me. I think people should be more open about these things. If you love someone, you should let them know - even if the feelings are not mutual.

6. Sitri

I'd prefer to learn about it without them knowing about it. That way I could alienate them by acting like a terrible person/myself (I already alienate enough peoples by accident, so doing it on purpose should be easy) that way no feelings get hurt.

7. Huma

I'd definitely want to know. Knowing you're loved is a special feeling, even if unrequited. Also, I personally don't have problems dating someone I don't love, probably because I'm always caught up in a one-sided love that will never be returned.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I put "no-other." I have had people be infatuated with me and I didn't have reciprocal feelings in most of these situations. I usually found out from someone else. It was helpful to know, but I hated being in a lopsided situation, having been on the other side of that equation.

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if I didn't feel the same way, just knowing someone finds me attractive and loveable would be the self-esteem boost I so desperately crave

10. Colours

It would certainly be an ego boost. But it might stand in the way of the friendship, or whatever relationship I'd be having with them. Then again I feel like people should always be open about these things, however hard it may be. I'm the same in most cases, though it does depend on the situation.

11. Nick07

hmm. My boss is in love with me. I wish I didn't know.

12. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Funny on face book me and a freand were talking and i had her tell me that she liked me weve ben frends for along time and i feelt bad decause i dident like hear back but it was a nice felling and im happy to know this

13. Fiddledeedee

A crush? Sure. Someone asking me out? Go for it! But dropping a FEELINGSBOMB and saying they were in love with me? No, that's painful and awkward and unproductive if I don't feel the same way (which I probably don't). If they truly cannot get over it, I would rather they just avoid me for a while.

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I would if only because it gives them an opportunity to express it and move on...but I don't imagine I'd feel too good about it

15. Jaybird

Jaybird Guest

Yes, I would want to know, even if I didn't return the feelings. As previously stated, knowing that you're loved is a special feeling, and it's also a nice ego booster.

16. OpenMind

Yes, I guess I would like to know. It is nothing bad about telling someone that you like him or her even the person doesn`t feel the same way. I think almost everybody likes to hear nice things about him- or herself. It will probably will make the personĀ“s day. So yes!

17. Tim

Tim

Probably. But I'm also one of those people who would take the knowledge of liking someone to the grave before telling them, so I'm a hypocrite. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Nikky DoUrden

Not much chance of it to happen ... but still if it would, I believe we could still be friends and enjoy being friends despite that :slight_smile:

19. Oxelotl

Well I'm a person who feeds of compliments and knowing someone was in love with me would be a massive self esteem boost. In saying that I also don't want to know because (And especially depending on who it is) I hate to be in the situation where I upset or offend someone, if I suggested that I don't like them back (in a lovey dovey way). So...I'm in the middle?

20. PurpleGrey

I like both sides to be blunt and direct. The ideal situation would go like this:

"Wanna go out?"
    "No."

Maybe it's just me, but it always feels worse when someone tries to let me down gently.