1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Meaning of your username?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darren18, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

okay so here some funny question, as i think is something not much asked in forums but interesting, there are ofc many that have their actual name on it, and others a fictional name chosen, so question is what motivated you to choose your fictional username at registering or does it have a particular meaning?

mine is just my name in english version, and the number 18 is not my age lol, is the number i picked for basquetball classes when i was 15 xD

2. kem

kem

It started with Orpheus, then I thought of Morpheus who was cool as fuck and then I just changed it a bit

3. Simple Thoughts

I don't really know exactly why I picked mine. I guess just because I liked the irony in the name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I choose this username because when I was registering me at this site, I was imagining the cigarette smoke. I could write "Cigarette'Smoke" of similar but I think "FireSmoke" has a better sound.

#4 FireSmoke, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tightrope, because I feel like I've been walking on one my whole life, across all sorts of topics and issues. Not fun. Reality, though. Haven't fallen off yet. I didn't give it much thought when signing up. It was just sort of reflective: "pick something and let's get going."

6. Xochipilli

Found my name on a museum trip. Was looking at Aztec artifacts and one depicted Xochipilli, the god of dance and flowers. I loved how positively gay it sounded. :lol:
    Upon further googling, I discovered he was also the patron of homosexuals and male prostitutes, which the museum description left out...
    So yeah!

7. Hexagon

Hexagon: from Greek ἕξ hex, "six" and γωνία, gonía, "corner, angle"

8. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

so sounds like xochipilli was the patron of homosexuals and prostitutes and the museum descripted as dance and flowers to make it look like more like the family and children's public tour xD

9. TraceElement

When I first joined, I felt like I was alone in the world, that I was one in a million, that no one else could relate to me... just like a trace element on the periodic table.

10. My Two Wings

My Two Wings is the English translated title of the manga Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa. It's a favorite of mine about the high school romances of an intersex female student (sexual orientation unconfirmed; she's attracted to at least males and females). Minus the ending, which has a horrible, out-of-nowhere plot twist, I think it's a great read and would love to see more like it.

11. timo

It's my first name.

12. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I'm Bisexual and a Railfan.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has actually been a question I've got quite a bit on this site. Gaytheist is one word, a portmanteau of "Gay" and "Atheist." It is not Gay Theist/GayTheist, nor am I a theist, because that is the opposite of atheist. Also, it should be abbreviated AG, not AGT for the reasons noted above.

As for why it's spelled "Awesom," that's because if you add the "e" in, it's one too many characters than are allowed for your username. So the finished product: AwesomGaytheist.

14. Simple Thoughts

Everytime I see your username I think "Amazing Atheist' I'd always assumed that's where the name had come from lol

15. OhSOCurious

Mine is simple. I'm curious to explore my sexuality xD

16. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I've stated previously, I have two sources for my username. Necrose is a corruption of Necross, as in Exodia Necross from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game. It is also derived from necrosis, particularly Avascular Necrosis (do NOT look that up). I have an earth pony OC from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic whose name is Necrose, after a Gaia Online OC, Necrose Van Helsing, who got his name from Exodia Necross when I needed a screen name and couldn't think of anything else, so I changed one letter and that was that. Avascular Necrosis comes into play when I state that my earth pony character is an undertaker and necrosis is the dying and rotting away of something, in the case of Avascular Necrosis, limbs (you'll hate yourself if you Google it. I'm warning you). A loose connection at best, but Necrosis and Necrose have the same sound up to a point, so there it is, the hows and whys of my username.

17. Xochipilli

Yep! That's what I was thinking.

18. MightNeedThis

I was looking at the support area and was very very confused and i was thinking "I might need this..."

I'm not creative at 3AM

19. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty simple really.

The "G" comes from my name Gareth, but people always call me "G" or "G man" in a jokey kinday way.

"Archi" came from the fact that I'm an architecture student...

and "1992" came from my birth year.

Ah, I'm boring aren't I!

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am Australian and 792 is easy to remember.

I am clearly a very imaginative person.