1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be a father

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Typhoon, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So yeah, I've recently become very attracted at the idea of becoming a father. Son or daughter does not really matter, although then again I'd be more comfortable with a son, since women have forever been a mystery.

Now I've seen, heard and read things fathers have expressed, many of which make me facepalm. Check this one out:

Pakistan teen dies tackling suicide bomber - World News | IOL News | IOL.co.za

''Hassan's father Mujahid Ali Bangash told AFP on Thursday he felt not sadness but pride at his son's death.''

... I mean sure you would feel some degree of pride for his actions. But no sadness?

“Many people are coming to see me but if they try to express sympathy, I tell them to congratulate me instead on becoming the father of a martyr,” he said.

Congratulate you for what? For coming off as an asshole?! You did not do anything.

“I will be even more than happy if my second son also sacrifices his life for the country.”

Fuck off.

Well...... shit. Now THAT kind of attitude drives me mad.

2. DrkRayne

Yeah.

As a brand new mom who's son is stil in the hospital, I've seen and heard horrible things of other mothers. Some would gladly take care of themselves and leave their children with scraps. I knwo one mother like that. I've seen kids walking in what I presume to be second hand clothes, while the mother had her hair, and nails done and her clothes are immaculate.

That being said, if you see the problems, know that you won't repeat them. Be better than how you see other fathers

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure you'll avoid things like that and be a great father. :slight_smile:

4. Hexagon

I would love to be a father some time in the future. I'm nowhere near ready yet, though. But I kind of have a desire to leave a lasting imprint on the world, and a child would make that possible. Dunno if that quite makes sense, it's hard to explain.

You'll do fine. You clearly care enough to want to be a good parent to a child, and that is one of the most important things.