1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever thought writing a book?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FireSmoke, Jan 10, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I've noticed there are few queer books. The most of love stories are for heterosexual people.

So, have you ever thought writing a queer/gay/lesbian/... book?

2. willycubed28

I actually love to write. So to answer your question I am in the middle of writing a book just out of pure enjoyment and it is gay themed

3. DrkRayne

yep. I've been writing one. its hard without anyone to review my progress, but yes I am writing a lovely lesbian historical romance :slight_smile:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Wow! I thought I was the only one that does it :slight_smile:

5. Colours

Well a few years ago I was really into writing and wrote a lot. I was writing my own book-ish stories, and was thinking of actually writing a book one day. I have kind of lost interest however. You'd think that would be too bad but, whereas I do like to write, I don't feel like I'm missing out or anything.

But I have never thought of writing anything specifically queer. Although there were some same sex crushes in my writing sometimes.

6. willycubed28

Haha I thought so too. I find writing is very therapeutic for me. It gets my creative juices going and I just enjoy it

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:lol: Yeah, It's like a cup of camomile tea :slight_smile:

8. willycubed28

So do you just like to write stories or do you just write anything? For me I love to create stories. The one I am writing now is drama themed.

9. kem

kem

Yeah I've thought about it. I've been planning a collection of short stories situated in a fantasy world I've been creating. I have a couple of stories planned already actually.

10. Sitri

I have written a book. Sort of. Only just over a hundred pages, so a novella? No queer themes though. Frankly I am ashamed of its existence. It was really bad, there was a selection here or there that had potential but overall, not exactly literature.

11. Foxface

I would love to write a book of essays and do have a fiction idea in mind

Foxface

12. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Uhm... I convert my emotions in works. If I feel bad, I exploit this emotion to write a touching scene. If I feel happy, I write a funny situation with my characters.

In the past, I wrote fantasy-mistery but I understand it's not my kind of stories.

Now, I go towards introspective-romantic novel (I have a particular idea of romantic story, for example I hate write honeyed things).

I'm working on a book who talks about a woman (convinced straight) who she's falling in love with an androgyne creature.

#12 FireSmoke, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  13. animequeen567

I've been writing a Christmas story about a lesbian couple :grin: I want to make it a movie. During Christmas I saw all these movies and as always there were no LGBT ones so I decided I will make it!

14. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've recently read a few short stories and a couple of books, which has made me start to contemplate writing my own. Only time will tell I suppose ^_^

15. Foster

Yes. I actually dream of being a writer someday. It's my passion :3

16. Hexagon

Yes. I am currently writing a queer urban fantasy novel. The protagonist is gay, and gets into a relationship, but it isn't the main focus of the story.

17. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well im a writer, and I do, so yeah. :slight_smile:

18. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay romances are fairly easy to find, at least in ebook form. I write gay erotica with a bit of love story, but not really romance. Although I've managed to get published, it's difficult since everyone seems to want romance instead. I'm working on a novel, but I keep sending out chapters to short story anthologies instead of focusing on the book. One came out last week. (!)

Many of the publishers have a free story section on their web site. There are also some free collections. Depending on the sort of thing people want, I might be able to post links. Most of what I know about is for adults (there's at least some explicit sex) so I'm not posting links now.

This site for writers has sub-forums (or is that fora?) of interest to just about everyone. You can discuss all aspects of writing or just chat with other writers.
    Absolute Write Water Cooler - Powered by vBulletin

19. Simple Thoughts

Actually I've had a story rolling around in my head for years that qualifies I suppose. I've just never really had the confidence to write it out cause I don't feel like I'd do my own idea justice xD

20. musicrebel

Yeah. Usually when I write stories, I usually write them in 1st person: "I, me, my"--and I never seem to put a gender on the main character. I let the reader assume/picture the main character the way they want them to be.
    It'd be cool to write about a love story that involves people who aren't straight.