1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone like going to the rodeo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jan 10, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

In my part of the country, the rodeo season is about to start. I always like to go every year. In fact, I don't even mind the manure/hay smell; it's very natural and even relaxing. Plus, there is a lot of carnival fare up for grabs (e.g. turkey legs, deep-fried [insert food here], etc.). Plus, there's plenty of real good looking guys out there in their tight Wranglers :eusa_clap.

The rodeo even itself is pretty exiting, with team roping, mutton busting (gotta love those little kids running around :lol:slight_smile:, and barrel racing (is the barrel gonna fall over or did it just wobble :eek:slight_smile: among my favorites.

Plus, the local rodeo has a good concert after the 2-3 hour rodeo.

Anyone else like going to rodeos/livestock shows? What is your favorite part?

2. biggayguy

I like the rodeo clowns. They are entertaining and they do a great job protecting the bull riders. Those cowboys remind me of Brokeback Mountain. The guys with the tight Wrangler jeans and nice pecs

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I don't. The whole thing, with the riding, the music, and even some of the food sort of isn't my style. If traveling, there is no way I'd make 2 or 3 hours to watch a bull fight, which I guess is sort of a foreign equivalent.

We don't have rodeos, ... wait, they're in more rural areas ... but we have state fairs. There is the animal/manure/hay smell you refer to, yet yuppified families are there with their kids. I think the animals can be cute, and I like watching them and maybe even petting them. I sort of feel the same way about the other types of animals that are there, namely the good looking yuppified dads who I don't think have ever caught me looking their way!