1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never had a relationship that lasts a year or more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Indie419, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have realized ive only had one serious relationship and it lasted 6months and 3 weeks.with on and offs included, I wonder whats wrong, everytime something doesnt last, my grandma wonders if somethings wrong with me and i always come back with an sharp argument that Its not always me, but what if it is me :\ :icon_sad:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You and me both but I'm working on it right now. Keep at it, you'll make it.

3. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks kasey, its just kind of discouraging sometimes, cause at the end of the day i realize, dang, im lonely, i enjoy alone time but it seems like everyone around me has had years of lasting relationships, life can be complicated, im glad to know u undersstand :slight_smile:

4. Foster

Long term relationships aren't all they're cut out to be anyway. I was in an (awful) year long relationship. If a relationship is meant to end, it's best not to try and drag it out. When you find the right person, it will last :grin: Don't lose hope ^-^

5. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you foster, im keeping my head up, i really appreciate the support on EC!

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Even if its you... Its ok... You can always grow... I have been single since always, and i wish i have had a 6 month relationship in the past, i wish i had gone throught a first relationship that failed, because most first relationships fail, soif i had gone throught it i could at least say 'hey i went throught a failure relatio ship and i survived" instead i have this scary sensation of "shit! Unless i am really luck my next relation, being my first one, is likely to go wrong" or "shit! How do i relationship?" In fact im thinking a thread relatedd to that insecuirty of mine... Of course, grass in greener in the other side, maybe if i where on your situation iwould br thinking the same you are yhinking, maybe ifyou where in my situation you would be thinking like im thinking... But is good to know both perspective exist... Maybe it could be of help. Hope you find your answer :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2014 at 05:22 AM ----------

By the way...there is something wrong ith every human... We are not perfect creatures, but we are perfectible, that is what life is about, building yourself, reconstructing things that gell down, improving them, and most inportant enjoying the procces of building....life would be kind of boring if the building came premade and excelent... What we have instead a limitless possibili of growing.

7. EttyT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Me too, my longest relationship has been 4 months long and I was 15! Hardly much to go one... Since then I've only had one relationship, if I can even call it that.. Didn't last long, 6 weeks!
    Mum reckons I'm picky but it's not that I'm sure!
    But as I realise more and more that I'm questioning, then maybe I'm looking for relationships with the wrong gender! I'm yet to figure this out completely!
    I keep telling myself i'll the one, I'm never actively searching - I'm quite fine to be single most of the time.
    Don't give up it will happen!

8. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you straight ally, your right, i am learning from what ive been through, and it makes me stronger too,

Thank you Etty T, I appreciate the dont give up! Sometimes i like my alone time too! And i due time it will all make sense, i hope

9. Colours

Don't let it get you down. I've been in two relationships - one long distance of half a year which I don't really count (at times I honestly forget it ever happened), and one of 4 weeks which I can hardly count either. It hardly matters, though. I'm confident in that I'll find someone, I just get tired of the wait sometimes. I feel like I'm way too picky and it comes at the cost of... well, being alone. But that's okay. I won't settle for less just because I don't want to be alone.

You know what they say - love happens when you least expect it. So try not to think of it too much.

10. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel the same way about waiting too, yea, it will happen least expected. Thanks colours!

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not alone. Most of my relationships only last 7 months. Almost like a curse. My last relationship (more than 3 years ago!) only lasted 5 months. I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong, but most of the time I'm the one who ends it, for various reasons...

12. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks velvet blade, same here, i ended at the time because it wasnt the right time or right place.

13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I've had one real relationship where love was reciprocated, and it only lasted about a month. Sometimes loving someone means you also love them enough to let them go, like I think was the case with me. We loved each other very much, as friends and as boyfriends, but it got kind of difficult for both of us, and decided it was for the best to end it. It hurt me a lot, since now he's in college and I never get the chance to talk to him anymore, but I realize it was best for both of us. Don't worry, when the right person comes along, you'll know, and it'll last if you're meant to be. :slight_smile:

14. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think its you, me and almost every one in the thread. My longest relationship was 8 months and we didn't even call it that till six months in.

15. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the comments,
    paradox, i can tell you loved him very much , if its meant to be it will last, i agree, but if its meant to come back and lasts will it?

Ba52, i am noticing that as well, we all go through short relationships, its nice to know im no alone.

16. Emulator

Keep at it :slight_smile:
    I think my relationships are much worse. I don't count myself as having been in a relationship, but if I draw the line strictly, then the longest relationship I had was probably a week or so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats alright everyone has a different story,

18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had what seemed like a lot of short term relationships while searching for someone to have a long term relationship with. Some of these were with guys (when I was a teenager and trying to be straight) and some were with girls who I was physically attracted to but there were other issues. I eventually found someone to have a long term relationship with, had 7 wonderful years together. Like someone else said, if a relationship isn't working, either for you or the other person, and you know it's not savable, it's better to end it than not.