1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever saved someone's life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Jan 10, 2014.

1. MoyashiAlice

Have you ever saved someone's life? This can be from anything to a near drowning, Heimlich remover or a near suicide attempt. I once "saved" a friend from nearly killing them self so I am kind of curious if there are others.

Share any story you have. (*hug*)

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that I'm aware of. I have helped slow the attempted suicides of a friend, but I wouldn't call that "saving" him.

3. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared to think what could've happened if this was saving a life; what could've happened otherwise.

A few years ago my whole family got in a bad car accident. I had a large gash on y arm, but my brother was thrown from the car and was unconcious about 20 yards away and badly bleeding. When the ambulance arrived, they found me first and started to get me in and that a second ambulance was coming soon; I informed that my brother was in a much worse state, and to get him first.

4. Foster

Not a person (as far as I can remember), but I've saved allot of animals! :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I called 911 and kept calm a girl that had been hit by a car at my college. Both of her legs were badly broken (compound fracture). She also ended up having a fracture in her neck, as well as a gash on her head. She was trying to move, which I would not let her (since I feared she had neck or back damage). She then asked me if she could dance for her recital, and I told her not to think about it.. she couldn't see her legs, and that was probably a good thing.

She's back to normal now. This happened a couple years ago. She's lucky that she was not paralyzed.

6. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had to do the heimlich maneuver on my grandmother multiple times.... She loves her cooking so damn much she forgets to chew :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my life has been saved countless times,but I can only really remember "helping save" my mum when she was choking on some food and I had to run outside to find my dad for him to save her...

8. Foxface

many times, and many times lost them as well

I was a paramedic before the military. Have on several occasions brought someone back from v-fib or severe overdose or not breathing.

But at the same time I've also watched lives slip away right in front of me as well...sucks

Foxface

9. Hexagon

No. Never been in the situation.

10. mermaid

Yeah, me too!:icon_bigg :icon_sad:

11. Foxface

awesome. were you in the medical field?

Foxface

12. mermaid

Have been since 1992 and still am.:slight_smile:

13. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    stopped a guy from jumping under a tube train in London.. it was in his body language.. and, as he went for it, me and another passenger grabbed him till the police came

14. magic

I stopped my nana from choking.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I was a sophomore in high school and this kid got a piece of bread stuck in his throat and I heard him trying to make noise, and so I turned around and hit him between the shoulder blades with the heel of my hand as hard as I could, and it came out.

16. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I stopped my wife from cooking.

Ba-dum-tiss!

17. Reinnux

Reinnux Guest

Yeah, once I performed CPR to a person who had overdosed heroin. It was the first time when I had to use my medical knowledge in real life so I was scared as s#it, but I knew that this person was going to die without me. Well, I managed to restore his heartbeat when the ambulance finally arrived.

18. man dolen

I called an ambulance to drunk homless guy. It was at winter and he was sleep near our apartment building only in t-shirt, w/o pants or underwear.

19. itsonlyrelative

One day I was supervising a group of people working in a machine shop and this kid was working on a band saw while his buddy was standing next to it talking to him. The shop was pretty loud because a bunch of the machines where going at once, but I was watching the band saw operator's buddy because he was about to cross over the hazard line that observers weren't allowed to go over when the machines were in use. The buddy had been told multiple times in the past that he wasn't allowed to cross over the line, but of course he ignored the rule once more and walked over the line so that the operator could hear him as they continued their conversation.

I went over to reprimand him for crossing the line (literally) and just as I reached him I heard that the belt inside the machine was grinding (the distinct noise that the machine made in the past just before the band saw blade popped out off the front of the machine), so I pushed the buddy out of the way just as the blade popped out right where his head had been so the operator could hear him.

Needless to say he stopped crossing over the line. When I got promoted from machine shop supervisor, he actually got the job ironically.

20. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about saving lives necessarily, but I've worked with kids and families in varying capacities since I was about 14, and I hope that some of the work I've done with them has made their lives a whole lot better and happier.