1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why won't anyone reply

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redskittle, Jan 11, 2014.

1. redskittle

redskittle Guest

I've been looking at my posts and not many people have replied. I want to know thier point of view. :thewave:

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What post ?

3. redskittle

redskittle Guest

Well my thingees like this. Is it a threat

#3 redskittle, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not it's not a threat I've been going through the same thing i've been wondering why some people don't reply to some of my threads either but sometimes i don't reply to somethings if i know i can't help the person with their problem or that i might not have good advice

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyone has answers to everything. Don't take it as something personal

6. Bear101

Honestly, I only reply on threads that I think I can say something to help the person. If I think I'll sound stupid, I don't reply. Oh yea, I NEVER look at who starts a thread. To me, it's more about the topic.

7. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I second the posters above. Sometimes people just aren't confident enough to put an answer to your thread; I know I tend not to reply to threads if the topic is something I just don't understand or can't relate to, and sometimes you just post in a lull (happens on weekends often) and the thread sometimes gets "lost" among all the others. Don't take it personally though.

8. burg

people reply more when they think the poster is misguided or the poster is in a real bad spot.or they like the other posters have said can offer you advice.im sure if you made a thread about the evils of gayness you would get lots of replies.(just like fox news) dont take it personally.

9. Hexagon

If I don't have anything to say, I won't. I dislike meaningless chatter.

10. lssl

lssl Guest

It can feel really invalidating when nobody responds but I think it's important not to take it personally. This advice is for me as much as it is for you. It has a lot to do with if someone who has something to say happens to see when you post.

11. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When someone like me writes a LOooong post, I assume that many people will not have the time or patience to read it, but sometimes you just gotta talk, even if only a few have time to listen.

12. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes you get lots of replies sometimes not. Threads that ask people's opinions tend to get to the most replies. Personal threads less so. Most replies come in the chit chat section.

13. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

Agree in fact i mostly post to get ppl opinions see how much we can relate go something. As for the other post the user made i dont quite remembee since i reply randomly, but if those posts were targeted to lgbt ppl about a specific feeling or some is clear why i dont answer xD in fact i target my questions to them as well to get diff point of view

14. itsonlyrelative

If I don't have anything worth while I don't contribute, but I am also really lazy so if the post is really really long I won't read it generally. It's never because I don't like the threadstarter.

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, It seems I replied to two of your threads. Remember that the number of views will always be much higher than the number of replies. Also, you will get more replies when you have specific questions instead of just giving a statement and then expecting a response.

Like others mentioned, if it's not relatable to a reader, they may feel hesitant to reply. For example, sometimes I don't answer threads about lesbian problems because I don't really know what goes through a lesbian's mind when it comes to attractions to women.

16. katwat

I have been having trouble getting to all the threads I want to read in between other stuff I am doing on the computer. If I miss one and want to try to find it later I often can't because of all the other posts that have come in since the last time I was on. I have spent most of today looking for a post from several days ago by a kid that was having family problems and I have looked and looked pages deep in all the categories and still haven't found it.

There is a LOT of posts on here and I don't know about anyone else but I skip over some that have subjects that I don't feel are ones that I will have anything worthwhile to add to. If you are needing advice or wanting someone to reply put it in your subject line and more people will check on your post and try to help. I'm sure no one intended to ignore you or leave you hanging when you needed advice.

17. Emulator

Like what's been mentioned, people reply if they have things to say, otherwise not. I usually read threads on the first page of the forum, though I could have missed a few. That said, I usually don't post in topics I know little about, such as LGB threads. I'd rather leave that to someone who knows more about that area.

If you still need advice, you could post the links to those threads here.

18. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, don't make things too complicated. Have specific questions, and don't be like some people who expect others to read their previous posts in different threads to know the backstory. Few people are going to go through all that effort, so just summarize the important points.

19. Nikky DoUrden

I can't reply to long unindented posts... too much effort for ma eyes and semi-adhd >.>