1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a friend (sadness warning)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Cass

I lost my best guy friend by getting those complicated feelings people sometimes get for each-other. and then me and my habit of digging myself into an even deeper hole because I'm so damn bad with words :frowning2:

I even tried learning his favorite song, that we used to sing together all the time, on the piano, and play it for him, since I express myself through music. That backfired too, and he still hates me, and probably always will.

I seriously haven't stopped crying in like two days except to hide it from my mom.

Hes the first person who knew, the only person for the longest time i trusted enough to know that i was bi.

I feel so utterly crushed right now that i literally feel like im going to die of sadness

2. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Chin up my dear, it will pass. I had a similar loss just before Christmas so I feel your pain. The important thing is to heal and move on.

3. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry that happened to you. :frowning2: I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but my advice is just try not to blame yourself- you can't help what you feel- and just try to move forward. As for right now, I recommend a funny movie to just get your mind off things. (if you have Netflix, In & Out is very silly and very gay)

4. Cass

Its hard when he was the one i talked to when i was sad, now, idk who to talk to.

5. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

that happens to everyone, tho im sorry about it, but keep moving on like others said, you will find more people worthy of getting close to, and also as said dont blame yourself, that about the sort of feelings for eachother ripping of friendships is a real common thing

6. Bibliophile

Ok listen romantic feelings gone wrong are something I am rather familiar with. I have been rejected ( a good deal) I've been cheated on ( in every relationship except one) and had my exwife run off with my best friend. These have led to everything from being a little bummed to darn near having to go to AA for a drinking problem.
    The reason I will tell you all of this is if there is one thing I have learned is that yes a chunk of the pain is the loss of the person. However a larger part tends to be that we validated ourselves through that person. That so long as we had that one person we were loved and thus a good person.
    Let me tell you now that you can and will survive the loss of any individual no matter how close or special they were. You must love yourself and be comfortable in your own skin and then you can realize that you can make and find new loves and friends. It doesnt deaden the pain, it doesnt make the loss any less hard but it does mean that there is hope. My advice is feel the pain, accept that it is there and it is normal. Let it run its course and take the time after to do a little self examination. Once you manage that I am sure you will find other people you can grow close to.

7. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have us now, we will be your best friends. If you have an issue come on EC and vent. The community here is amazing, loving, and super understanding.

8. apostrophied

*hugs*
    I haven't been in your exact situation but I know what it's like to lose the only person you feel like you can confide in. It's hard. And it takes time to heal. For me, it took abound two years to fully and completely get over that loss. Mind you I'm not saying I was miserable for two years, just that it took two years for me to no longer get these waves of sadness and pain every once in a while. It would probably have been easier had I had someone else to talk to, but I didn't. Hopefully you'll find someone else.

Time works wonderfully at healing this, you just have to give it a chance. Good luck.

9. Nikky DoUrden

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)
    Queue of hugs on the way to you!

I don't know exactly what happened that he backed-off of u that way, maybe he is confused and need some time alone to digest what happened so the blockage he has in his mind will calm down?
    So maybe just wait a bit and then try to contact him again saying u miss him and what to what things used to be before that event?
    I hope this can work out..

And in any way, I need friends too, so feel free to talk to me on the wall with anything (*hug*)