1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My gaydar is AWESOME! (update!)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ccdd, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

You probably remember my thread a few days ago "My gaydar has been set off!":

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12049

And most of you agreed with me. Well:

MY GAYDAR SO TOTALLY ROCKS!! (!) (!) (!)

SHE IS TOTALLY GAY!! (!) (!) (!)

AND I SPENT THE OTHER NIGHT WITH HER (although strictly as friends). (!) (!) (!)

So we'd just been watching a film in someone's house with lots of other people (you know, a lazy afternoon/evening with friends), then about half of us, including me and her, decided to go out for a drink afterwards - although the two of us spent the whole time just talking to each other, virtually ignoring everyone else. We were speaking for hours. Again, there's the whole "she's hot" thing, plus she mentions some TV show, and is like "yeah, and I only brought it because she's hot". There's NO mention of men anywhere, except in a general "why would you like him when you could like her?" kind of way.

I bring up lesbianism in a jokey way, and she laughs and we joke. She brings it up again later on. We laugh and joke. I bring it up again even later on, and we laugh and joke. Again random comments from the both of us like "She's SO attractive", and "yeah, I'd so marry her" and similar things. No mention of men, except to be like "Nah, I prefer ---".

Then it gets late and she asks me if I want to go over to her place. And I'm like, "yeah sure". We get there and the conversation continues. The conversation continues as above, including several mentions of lesbianism etc - basically it escalates. We talk about the evening in general, and I make a comment about how I thought this girl we had both just met that evening was quite cute. She says "yeah, I agree with you on that one". At one point in the evening we're talking and I'm like "yeah, usually I don't go for blondes but ---". We start talking about books we like, and amongst the ones she mentions, she mentions the book "The Well of Loneliness" - if you don't know this this is an iconic lesbian novel. I've never read it, but to let her know that I'd "got the hint" in that I knew the book, I said "Yeah, I've really been meaning to read that, but I haven't got round to it yet. I really want to read it". She says "Yeah, it's really good, you should definately read it. I'll lend it to you". At this point I'm thinking: she MUST be gay.

Then she asks me if I want to sleep in her bed (she says "it's fine, it's just more comfortable for you than the floor"). So we talk, and we talk about relationships. She NEVER mentions men. Over a conversation of about two hours about relationships and people she has liked, she never ONCE says "he" or "I liked this guy". It was always "they" and "someone". I'm thinking: she MUST be gay, because NO ONE uses gender-neutral pronouns for more than an hour. Plus, cumulatively, by this point I am CERTAIN she is gay.

Then she comes out to me. Casual-like. And then I come out to her. Casual-like. And then we discuss things like being gay, coming out, parents, how hard it is. And then we laugh about our gaydar and how we'd both spent the whole night thinking "Is she gay??". And we were discussing how hard it is to know sometimes...but we were totally rolling around in bed laughing about our evening and the hints we'd been dropping each other...

I very much doubt we'll have a relationship, and I certainly don't like to hope, but I am very happy to have made a friend. We've decided to spend more time with each other, which will be great.

BUT MY GAYDAR WORKS!! (!) (!) (!) (!)

#1 ccdd, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Vampyrecat

OMG.

That's fantastic! Shit where do you live I wanna have that happen to me!

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so awesome! (!) (!!)

4. Trumpetplyer23

That is great!!!!!!

Looks like your gaydar is calibrated correctly :thumbsup:

5. suiteng

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow.. that's great :grin:

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yayyyy!!!! :grin: Congratz, that's awesome!!!! :grin:

7. -Michael-

haha Kudos for you.

My gaybar is like asking a blind person how many fingers am i holding up :frowning2:...
    haha

8. musicgirl112233

That is awesome!

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome ccdd. So happy for you. :slight_smile:

10. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hahah see I told you.. the L word is so hard to find in the Uk she must have gone to such lengths to find it she can't be straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously.. where do you meet all these lovely open minded and gay people??

Anyway I'm pleased it went so well and that your gaydar is functioning correctly :grin:

11. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I am completely... jealous of you.... And also happy that things worked out with you two :slight_smile:

12. Daniel

Wooho!

*electric high-five*

On a side note I am jealous of your skills.

13. Hoppip

That is such a cute, heartwarming story. I'm so glad for you, and it's awesome that it went well.

JE T'ADORE!

I had to squeeze in some French, justforyou.

14. geiger42

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so what do you think is going to happen now?

15. Alexander

16. Haha thats awesome. You def have the skills.

17. SamAlex728

At first, when I had only seen female replies, I was like "Oh, shit. Will I be the first guy?"
    Well, I was too late. But I'm in the top ten! Okay, so #10. Let me have this moment, damnit!

Okay, tantrum over :grin:

18. jazzrawr

I KNEW IT!!! XD

That's so awesome! :grin:
    It's great to have a gay friend to talk things over with :slight_smile:
    and it's hilarious how you guys dropped hints for so long. XD

19. Beebo

man, I am so happy. I love happy endings. I love talking about it afterwards too (like when you said you talked about dropping hints to eachother. Those are the cutest, funniest conversations ever. :grin:)

Love ya.

#19 Beebo, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  20. Quitex

Quitex Guest

This is great!!! I love it. Gah my gaydar is so off, either I think all guys are straight or I go around thinking on how everyone is so gay. PFFT.