1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what pet names did your parents call when you were little

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 11, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Anyone had any pet names their parents called them when they were kids or still call them to this day .

My dad gave me the pet name buttercup and my mom calls me Lilly she calls me Lilly so much people think it's my actual name . My parents still call me these names but i don't like my friends to here and only like being called by those names at home

2. AlamoCity

This is very weird, but my dad (only my dad, not mom) calls me "Dad." He'll call and say, "Hey, dad how are you?" Very weird to others, but not me. I am not sure how I got the pet name. Maybe it's because my first words were "da da," so maybe, through some weird logic, he decided to call me that. I'll have to ask him one day. My mom always calls me by my middle name; no pet name there.

I call my dad "daddy." To some, it might sound weird that a 23-year-old man calls his dad "daddy," but it's pretty normal to me. No other man will ever be my daddy. Even if my future boyfriend/husband wants me to call him "daddy," that's one request that will go unfulfilled.

3. Jonathan

I was my mom's "Pumpkin" when I was little. She even dressed me as a pumpkin for my first Halloween.

4. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    God, I had all of them: honey, princess, sweetheart, etc. They all just sound the same to me, there are some that my parents call me even now that I wouldn't recognize if someone else used them, but wouldn't bat an eye at if my mom said them. I'm pumpkin, too, now that I think about it.
    I did get a couple of weird ones along the way, though. After his first stint in rehab, my dad started calling me "bear-bear"- again, I didn't realize this until he pointed it out. It's funny now because my new middle name, which he'd chosen back before I was born, means "bear".

5. Sal

Sal Guest

I had a nanny that smoked a lot. She'd have me empty out her ashtrays and started calling me that. Ashtray. Soon everyone in my family started calling me that as well.

6. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my gosh. That's almost kind of exactly like Cinderella. :icon_bigg How do you feel about it?

7. Sal

Sal Guest

It was fine when I was little, but now I'm 17 and they haven't stop. You know what it's like to have your mother show up at school with your lunch, that's embarrassing enough as is, hug you and your friends, then loudly say "love you my lil ashtray, have fun with your friends"
    :dry:

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My dad called me buttercup in front of my friends and all day they kept saying butter cup butter cup and laughing at me

9. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My parents didn't call me anything, but my sister does. She calls me Shea Bey or Shea and Stephanie(female version of my name). I don't mind either and I don't really care if she calls me them in public. People have called me Stephanie because of it, but I honestly don't mind. I actually rather be called Stephanie than Stevie *shivers*.

My nephews, when they were little, called me "Uncle Steepy" because they couldn't say my name originally. They eventually grew out of it, but my family still call me it, but again, I don't really mind.

I also many nicknames that people gave me growing up and I might as well add since it's sort of related. A lot of people call me Scuba Steve or just Scuba. When ever I played sports and they would say "Scuba Steve or Scuba" instead which was fun. They even included in my name when they called me to get my diploma when I graduated. lol A lot of people call Bossman or Boss at work, don't really know why. I also get the genertic big guy every now and then. Oh, one more, this one was more of a joke than a nickname. When I was in band, I played clarinet. There was 16 people who played clarinet and the rest was girls, so I was the only guy. So, a group of my friends decided to call me Pimpinet for the rest of year. It's sort of funny now because look what happen.:lol:

10. Hexagon

No pet names for me.

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had no pet-names...I occasionally do now...sometimes mum will call me Holly-Polly which makes me all tingly.

12. RoguesWolfe

Besides je-jen-ja get in here! No Im kidding...sorta, mom only did that when she was angry at either my sister or I XD. No weird Pet names besides jess or babe. Which she still does to this day.

13. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

A million of 'em, all too embarrassing to mention.

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been Boo/Booster ever since I can remember

15. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

In Italy it used to call own children "love/my love". My mom always calls me in this way, as well as my name.

16. thesharkamander

My dad called me Claire Bear, and sometimes still does.
    My mom did and does call me Little Bit and Sis.

17. tscott

My mother was called "the duchess" by her brothers (not very affectionately), and maybe that's how my father came up with "Duke" as my pet name (he was not a John Wayne fan). I just always liked the sound and the affection he put behind it. He was the only one who used it. I always made me feel special. Sometimes he'd call me "the wee bairn", but he was from Scotland and that's fairly typical. I was the youngest of the 1st cousins on my mothers side, and an only, so I was the "Brat". That one stuck and still remains in use unfortunately.

18. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I was a baby, my family has been calling me guera which means white girl in Spanish. I don't know why they decided to call me that but I don't mind it; I love it.

19. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was a tie between "Jesus Christ" and "Damn it" they only called me those nicknames when I was in trouble though. Hmm.......

20. batears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My family calls me "Karrietjie", which means little car in Afrikaans, its an adaptation from my name.