1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very interesting people/characters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Some Dude, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I am working on this story an I am having trouble coming up with some characters. So I was wondering if there was anyone you know in real life or just some kind of character that you thought up that was really interesting and/or quirky. Maybe someone a little unusual and maybe even some would consider then crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. AlamoCity

My cousin M and my cousin B (we are all first-cousins) hooked up when they were around 14. They had a child, then years later got married (in New Mexico because Texas wouldn't marry them because of consanguinity). Then they end up fighting, get divorced, but end up still living together after 15 years of issues where the police are sometimes a daily fixture in their lives. Plus, two of their children (my second-cousins who have more fan in common with me than other second-cousins because of "double dipping") are mentally impaired with IQs not reaching 70, per their clinician. Don't know how my first-cousins could be together for so long, after so much arguing and bickering and fighting. And yes, they are the black sheep/"white trash" side of the family. I'd say that, for better or worse, they are the most interesting people I know; others call them "crazy."

3. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    I could definately help you with this! I roleplay a lot and make up characters all the time :3

For an interesting/quirky character, you could give them some nervous ticks (biting lip, rubbing hands together etc.) or odd interests (like collecting tabs off of soda cans for jewlery). For being 'crazy', they could have bouts of different emotions or react oddly to things. Not completely sure what you mean by that, haha c; But alongside everything, just try to think of some traits that aren't commonly used.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Best thing is to take inspiration from other writers I think, for example Game of Thrones (the tv show for me), there are MANY strange and crazy characters!
    An obvious example is Joffrey, I don't think there is a person on earth that dont wish him to die. horribly. either by a niddle or a dragon. and make it slow.

5. Black Swan

Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens, features one of my all time favourite characters, Miss Havisham. She is tragically crazy, she has worn the same wedding dress since her lover jilted her years ago and has strange ideas about beauty. She trains her adopted daughter to be her instrument of vengeance and play with other mens lives in a twisted sort of 'payback'. Watch the BBC television adaptation in which she is played by Gillian Anderson.

Bellatrix Lestrange is a very mad character from the Harry Potter series who seems to enjoy taunting people, just as she taunts Harry after murdering Sirius.

Also, Shakespeare has many crazy characters but my favourite is Hamlet, who fakes madness but is sort of actually mad at the same time.

Characters like this are great sources of inspiration.