1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality: Mind vs. Body

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Huma, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Huma

If you're homosexual, do you ever get aroused by the opposite sex but choose not to include it in your sexual orientation because your ideas oppose that kind of attraction? If you're sexually attracted to both or all sexes equally, do you mostly prefer a particular sex because you think better of that sex? In short, does your mind (way of thinking) ever interfere with how your body is designed to work?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use to be that way when i thought I was straight I would like women but tell myself no you like dick you don't like women even though my mind and body will tell me other wise .

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "If you're homosexual, do you ever get aroused by the opposite sex but choose not to include it in your sexual orientation because your ideas oppose that kind of attraction?"

If you change homosexual to straight, and the word opposite to same, isn't that exactly the kind of thing we tell people NOT to do...?

As for the second part I don't exactly have much experience with either (I've done some stuff with a girl once but not much) so I'm probably not the target audience for this question but I personally think I'm probably more keen on the idea of straight sex just because there is theoretically less chance of me getting something wrong? I mean I prefer to be submissive so it's much more appealing to me to have a guy do stuff to me than the other way around...

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh wait i misread this question crap

5. AlamoCity

Well, I sometimes feel that I could probably get aroused enough to have sex with a woman but that's it; it not really something that comes natural to me. I seem to only be able to really feel aroused and see myself romantically involved with a male.

6. Huma

For the most part, I'm emotionally and sexually attracted to women. Once in a while I get attracted to a man, but the idea of me being with a man is so unpleasant that I can't stay attracted. I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually bi, blinded with hatred towards men (bad experiences).

Edit: I can only fantasize about women, not men.

#6 Huma, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if this would fit what your asking but when i was little I was pretty much aroused by anything mostly women yes but if i did things with guys I hadn't have sex yet but I did do masturbation with males and female and I mostly was not sexually attracted to them but I just liked the sex act because it felt good , I did not know my sexual orientation at the time i did this so i just thought I just liked sex or just curious . Even when i did stuff with a guy I wasn't really sexually attracted to them at all just by the act of doing sexual stuff because i'm usually viewed as the good girl and me acting bad turned me on and got me aroused .
    I still don't get turned on my men at all seeing their penis i kinda like seeing a tree outside for me and i too only fantasize about women but i use to fantasize about men when i was a teenager but it was kinda forced because I thought that's who i'm suppose to like but fantasizing about women is more natural and not forced

#7 stocking, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. Huma

Hmm..I think I'm forcing myself to get attracted to men. :confused:

Still, can one's ideas or beliefs alter their sexual longing? Sorry if I'm causing confusion guys! :bang:

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How are you forcing yourself? And how is that working out for you so far?"

I've been told my a psych major that it has in my particular case, but that it's not real sexual desire, or even love, merely the result of emotional trauma and my boyfriends connection with my former partner. It really sucks hearing this, because after I did, my desire for him took a nose dive. :icon_sad: I still feel like I love him though, despite what she said, but I could be bi romantic. He's not the first guy I've fallen in love with, just the first one I could stand to have a sexual relationship without feeling ill.

I told my boyfriend, and he suggested I get a second opinion from a real psychologist, which I'm going to do soon.

10. Huma

:grin: This made me giggle.

I look at men a lot, you know, to see if I'm really not interested in them. I doubt myself. Sometimes, I manage to get aroused by some, but it's never enough for me to reconsider my sexuality.

So, I'm assuming it's possible. I have been bisexual since as far as I can remember, but after a series of events, I was not able to get (seriously) attracted to men again.

11. freeskies

My body certainly is attracted to the same sex. And my mind is in service to my body, so yeah my mind too is attracted to the same sex. But non-sexually (romance) my mind sometimes is attracted to the opposite sex. I doubt if one's beliefs can alter their body's pre-determined attraction. But I have read that mind is influential in deciding body's fate. But that kind of power comes only late in one's life. I think you should stop opposing what your "self" is currently attracted to. Because ultimately you are trying to attain satisfaction and contentedness for both mind and body :thumbsup:

12. Huma

Yes, I agree. :slight_smile:

13. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Kinsey scale. I think you're probably a 5 (5.5 seems more accurate, but I don't know if the scale uses decimals) on it. You can appreciate how some guys look, but you don't want to bone them. Is that the impression that I should be getting?
    This is a pretty philosophical question. I think that while being in denial may delay the realization of one's sexuality, the truth will usually come out in the end.

14. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, my mind and body always agree on that, which im glad about, because I think it would be kind of confusing if it didn't.

15. C P

C P

This kind of thing always made me feel like sort of an oddball growing up. I was unaware, for the most part, of my interest in guys and wasn't into any girls so when everyone went into the dating thing and all that, I sat back thinking I was just that awkward guy at times.

Due to the above and obvious things like heteronormative society, yeah I probably thought I was supposed to like girls, but I can honestly say that I haven't had/don't have any genuine interest in females. About the most that happens is pretty women catching my eye, but that is just in an aesthetic way(looking nice is a neutral thing).

So nope, I do not get aroused by the opposite sex. Hell, I don't usually get sexually attracted to guys unless a certain level of connection has been made with them.

16. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love both girls and boys, but... I'm emotionally and physically attracted to men and for girls I just think they're pretty and not sexually attracted to them. But then again I'm bi

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think this is the case with me the whole living in denial it sure delayed me

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well I spent a very long time convinced I was completely straight and attracted to women. Then I spent a fair amount of time convinced I was bisexual and attracted to women (and men). Then I realized I'm not attracted women, thus I'm gay.

I like dick, not pussy.

Maybe there is some woman out there who could 'turn' me...but I haven't met her yet.

19. Nikky DoUrden

Your body reacts to your mind, so in a sense your question isn't very accurate! :slight_smile:
    About "choosing" not to attract to woman I dont think thats anyone case because u cant really choose who you're attracted to .. I did try when I was younger to make myself straight but didn't really work out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. KWDBM

Yes, omg yes. There are indeed specific reasons why I shunned the idea of being bi for so long (even though now I know it's more then just bi, too).

I've been comfortable as a lesbian for a long time now. Also for a long time, I knew I wasn't "just" lesbian, but I normally ignored any attraction to guys because that's just not who I was. I didn't *want* to be attracted to guys, it would make everything too confusing. Especially when I tried to picture actually settling down with a guy and just couldn't do it... It was like why do I feel these attractions sometimes if I know I could never, like, marry one?

I have no answers yet, lol. But yes, I know that feeling.