1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was James Dean gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DangerousHunter, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DangerousHunter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Anyone got any good guesses?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe. But, I think it's kind of a moot point to discuss because he lived in a very different era, where it didn't really matter what you did as long as it was "invisible" to the public eye.

3. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've heard accounts from friends/colleagues/lovers/etc. that he was bi or gay. There's a section on Wikipedia, as well as some other articles if you do a google search. From Wikipedia: When questioned about his orientation, he is reported to have said, "No, I am not a homosexual. But, I'm also not going to go through life with one hand tied behind my back." (There's a citation on that, but I didn't check it myself)

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He was, from what could be patched together, clearly bisexual and probably had more frequent involvement with men. They say this is only true love was an actress of his time named Pier Angeli ... the one he made an "exception" for. Even with these cases, the bisexual urges remain strong and he was so young that he was going to strike while the iron was hot. Evidently, he did that. I do not find him attractive, so I never understood the draw. Young Anthony Perkins, on the other hand? Yes! I thought Dean died in a car crash in the city of Los Angeles, rounding a curve, but he died in a rural area while going fast through a junction.

My thought: bisexual with a heavy dose of being attracted to guys, and a smaller dose of being attracted to women.

From rural Indiana to the footlights of Hollywood and the A-list. Too much too soon. It went to his head. It brought him down. It's sad, but I'm not exactly saddened by it.