1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never thought I would feel this way :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blu, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Blu

Blu

Hey everyone ,

So I really never thought I would have a problem with being gay but recently I have just been thinking about how much easier my life would be if I weren't.
    I say this because I have basically build my life around strong traditional values. Everything I've done thus far has been in order to secure a life for myself in the future and have a family. The whole package. I eat right, stay fit and lean, I have white teeth and I smell good, Lol but for real I'm also super talented. I hate talking about myself but so you guys can kind of get the picture I just did that rant.

I decided to stay a virgin until I find the right guy as a promise to myself and I will never broke it for anyone. Part of me feels like if I was straight things would happen the way I wanted them too. Most guys I've come across either move to fast or playing a role. Being gay and trying to date sucks. My standards aren't set high, average works just fine. open relationships sound like a terrible idea, would never ever be in a relationship like that.

I honestly find most gay men to be very weird and wired so much differently from myself. I know that there are many different types of gay men but I don't think I like any of them. And when it comes to online dating I really hate seeing things like masculine and straight acting. I could never put anything like that on my profile. It feels so wrong.

There's just so much to deal with when your gay and looking for a normal relationship.

2. AKTodd

Reading your post, some questions come to mind here:

a) You mention a lot of features about yourself but the only 'traditional' value that you describe is wanting to retain your virginity until you meet the right guy. What are the other traditional values you are referring to?

b) How are you defining virginity in this context? Different people define this differently, so you are probably going to want to make it clear what your definition is to any prospective partners.

c) You say most guys you've come across - what about the ones who didn't move to fast or weren't playing a role?

d) Not all gay guys are into open relationships. I'm not even sure that most gay guys are into open relationships. So I'm not seeing that as a major issue for you.

e) You say that you don't like any type of gay man? Have you actually met every type of gay man?

You can put anything you want into a dating profile (assuming you're going to go that route). Perhaps you should list out what your values and boundaries are, what sort of person you're looking for and so on and leave out any bits you aren't comfortable including. Then see what happens.

Todd