1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discreetly flirting or giving off signals?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ojos azules, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Ojos azules

Ojos azules Guest

Anyone any tips, ideas on the following:

In my previous posts I've described my situation, which basically is that I've always felt straight, always been with women and never been with or longed after being with a man. I started this new job and have fallen for or am crushing on,(yet to figure this one out) my team manager.... now I know there are alot of risks to consider, job related etc. So anyways.... here's my question, he thinks I'm straight, I know he's gay.... How would I discreatly show my interest in him without making things uncomfortable? We ave a work related drink coming up soon, but I dont think thats really the place to discuss anything.... I could open up to him, explain the situation, but I'm not comfortable with doing that as yet.... Could I flirt with him discreetly? anyone any ideas or similar experiences?

2. UIOP

OK, you know this already but please be careful. As long as you are careful, then feel free to go for it if that is what you want. If you would like to flirt with him, then you can do so, especially since he's gay and homophobia presumably isn't an issue with him.

I think you're right about the work related drink not being the best place to bring this up - perhaps you could invite him to get drinks or a meal or go somewhere with you outside of work. That way, you two could get to know each other a little better outside of a working environment and it would be slightly easier to give him eye contact, a few little smiles and to discreetly flirt with him. One thing which would suggest to him that you are interested is if you ask him 'do you have a boyfriend?'. It's important for you to figure out if he's single so this could kill two birds with one stone.

Good luck and be careful (sorry, I have to say that) :slight_smile:

3. Ojos azules

Ojos azules Guest

Thanx for the reply...... I like the line, do you have a boyfriend... he's already dropped that one on me, asking if I have a girlfriend. I didnt think anything of it untill I read ur post... might be nothing but its food for thought I guess :confused:

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How to show interest? hmm, maybe ask him if there are any job or dept transfer opportunities available in the company? Because you know being in a relationship with your manager could jeopardize his job.

I'm joking, but seriously if you like this guy don't pull some stupid move than can cost him his job.