1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would your perfect wedding day be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwkwardTalker, Jan 15, 2014.

1. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For my wedding day, I'd like to maybe get married at a theme park. For the reception dinner, there will be no meat (that includes poultry and fish), a large chocolate and sweets table, a chocolate fountain (possibly two), a cinema popcorn machine and icecream. I'll be dressed casually, skinny jeans and probably a band t-shirt. I might even go in pyjamas! The majority of music played will be by bands and singers me and whoever I marry.

2. DrkRayne

Outdoor wedding, waterfront would be ideal.

Then a traditional indoor reception at a grandhall.

Fireworks at the end of the reception.

A merging of american and lebanese dishes for both side of our family. A DJ playing American and Arabic music. :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hadn't planed mine out but I would love to wear a pretty dress with my wife to be and her wear a nice dress too . We get one of those big cool cakes and my family come and friends , we give each other nice kiss and take a bunch of pictures . :icon_bigg I don't know the theme yet though

4. Hexagon

I'm not desperately sure I want to get married. I'm not fond of the institution. But if my partner wanted to, maybe. It would have to be a secular ceremony, in a secular building, but beyond that I don't care where. It would also be casual, and formal wear would be expressly banned. Food would be vegan, and the music would be rock, indie and folk. And the damn thing wouldn't go on too long. I went to a wedding once, and the meal lasted at least three hours, at which point the girl next to me suggested I drink until I couldn't remember the rest, which I did. Successfully. I hate wine, but I took what I could get.

5. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I forgot to say it will not be religious and it will be a very quick ceremony. There will be some form of entertainment and no flowers. Even in chocolate or sweet form.

6. Ruthven

I want horses to be involved (hopefully I'll have my own horses at that point) and me and my guy or whatever are gonna ride in like badasses. I want it to be in a beautiful land of awesomness, you know, country land, wide open pure beautiful scenery, hopefully it'll be my own horse farm or maybe whoever's farm I'm working for would allow a wedding...omg just let me win the lottery please!! lol okay, and I don't know what I would wear...peeps that come to the wedding can wear what they want cause I am not into dictating shit about people...hmm...but whatever I wear it's gonna be fabulous...ooh and I'll deck out the horses in something awesome too.

Oh and the music! Well that and other stuff will be figured out when the time comes. Me and my guy'll work together on planning everything out. I want them to be involved in customising everything. I LOVE customising, so planning my wedding's gonna be fun. :icon_mrgr

7. thekillingmoon

It may sound weird, but I wouldn't want to make a big event out of it. Granted I never thought much about weddings and I don't know if I actually want to get married. Ideally it would involve traveling somewhere just the two of us and getting hitched in secret and telling everyone later. Then we'd celebrate it with a good bottle of wine in some nice romantic place. I'm such an introvert, I don't like big events, especially the ones where everyone's attention would be on me. So yeah, very basic, low key and romantic at the same time.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No wedding day at all.

9. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never thought about this too much, but I guess I'd go for a more traditional wedding. I'd like to wear a pretty dress, have all my family and friends to be there, and just have a lot of fun at the reception. I also don't want a crazy long dinner or service (there's only so long I can stand, especially with everyone looking at me). As for music, just stuff everyone can dance to... though something tells me they'd have to play "Come On Eileen" at least once for me.

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mixed feelings about this. Really the only things I need for it to be perfect are the right partner and possibly the right clothes. I don't care if it's not traditional I want an elegant kimono, and I want to look damn good in it! But then on the other hand I feel really like the idea of the pretty white dress...I just don't think I would look good in it and they are wicked expensive...

As for the rest...I dunno, as long as it's fun...

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ideally outdoors somewhere pretty on a nice sunny day. Beyond that, I will cede all decisions to my spouse with one exception: I have a song that I want to be the first dance at my wedding, but I'm not telling anyone what it is until I know who I'm going to have that first dance with.

12. RainyViolinist

What about a white kimono :3?

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Small and quiet. A quick ceremony and a small reception in a good hotel. I don't see why people feel it necessary to spend hundreds or tens of thousands on a wedding when they could put a deposit (or buy) a house/cars/other necessary stuff, sacrificing the marriage for the sake of a wedding. Fairly traditional, but no alcohol and I'd probably kill my fiancé if he wanted the food to be non-vegan or at least vegetarian.

I don't see the point in big weddings; bankrupting myself so a bunch of freeloaders can get bored and then get smashed/binge on food for a day is not exactly my favourite expression of love.

14. PurpleGrey

Had been meaning to do that me thing where I plan it as if I'm already engaged to someone, but I haven't. Let's see...

If I marry a guy, I want my mom's Uncle Steve to marry us, he's a pastor. I want to wear a dress that looks like a slip and walk down the aisle barefoot. My man will wear a slim, three-piece suit. Aunt Karen will bake everything.

If I marry a woman, we will hold hands and walk down the aisle in matching gowns. I will design our cake and have a custom bakery do it. Our rings will be traditional plain gold bands. For dinner, there will be a choice of medium rare steak or something vegan that doesn't suck, and a side of bisque. There will be sweets of all sorts on a table. At the reception, my wife and I will have a romantic slow dance to something like but not necessarily Wicked Game.

15. AlamoCity

My family (and I) would probably kill my fiancé if he wanted an all-vegan reception :grin:.

In a way, I want it to be very traditional, borrowing heavily from heterosexual wedding traditions.

In my ideal wedding, I see ourselves both in dark suits, maybe seersucker suits with complementing bow ties. A simple wedding at a semi-rustic locale, like an old barn with wide open fields would be nice. I'd probably like no-fuss food like barbeque and all the trimmings, and barrels of sweet tea and lemonade to wash it down. Even though I suck at dancing, I suppose there would be a dancing area (provided no videos of me end up on YouTube :lol:slight_smile:. A simple and not so stuffy affair would be ideal, with some waitstaff would be best. After the wedding, it would probably be straight to the airport and off to some exotic destination.

I like this as a "first dance" song. Then again, not sure if it's too risqué.

[YOUTUBE]heQNyYhuHZ4[/YOUTUBE]

16. Foster

As long as it's pretty and there's fireworks and it's on the beach and I get laid, I'll be happy :wink:

17. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    A carriage ride. Rainbow crystals on the rings, huge long train on my dress (unless I decide to wear a suit) white dress, something traditional but modern and a little sexy. Waterfall, city, beach, or castle in the background (but not too loud) Rainbow bridesmaid dresses. A very traditional ceremony featuring as many different religions and traditions as possible. Hand written vows. my hair done in ringlets with streaks of rainbow. A long veil. An orchestra, a flower girl. Reception featuring a cocktail party, and vegan dinner (preferably catered by native foods) with lavender lemonade. Roses everywhere. After that a poetry reading with slam poetry, then a first dance, then dancing. The cakewill be white with rainbow inside and little rainbow icing details ( something from cake boss hopefully) with little figurines of my fiance/ee and I.

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

oh and country music but the first song being a traditional orchestral piece with viola solo

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

and fireworks and candles

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2014 at 06:22 PM ----------

I fought for my right to get married I better enjoy it

18. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd want to be married in a place with a history- something that reminds me of my hometown, which is actually a national historic landmark- like an old church with cobblestone roads leading to it. I'd like a formal dress code, but colorful- bright ties, fun dresses, etc. My tux would be legendary- bright blue or turquoise, with a green or purple tie and set of shoes. The reception would be outside, in a place with trees, and my significant other and I will have custom-made a playlist. It'll be like a family reunion, everyone having fun and hanging. There was this stone concourse overlooking a hill where I grew up, and I suddenly need that to be involved. I don't care much about food as long as the cake is fabulous and we have cheese.

19. Mogget

I want my wedding to be indoors. I know outdoor weddings are fashionable these days, but the weather is too unpredictable and you never know if you might have a sudden cloudburst, an unseasonably cold (or hot) day, or any of a hundred other problems. Nothing very fancy, and probably using the traditional vows of love, honor, and cherish (def not obey!) in sickness and in health etc etc.

For the reception I wouldn't want anything very fancy. Not a ton of food or booze (I don't drink myself but I'm okay with alcohol at the reception in theory), a bit of dancing... the whole affair, from the start of the ceremony to the end of the reception shouldn't last more than two or three hours. Overly long parties tax me.

20. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be held in a small church, probably the one that my parents, my brother and cousin were married in. I would have a simple dress, and have my Dad walk me down the aisle, but should that not be possible, It would be one of my brothers. For the reception, I do not know if it could be held in the Fellowship Hall, since it is rather small, but maybe. I have also thought about having maybe an outdoors reception, but the weather in Ohio is so unreliable. I would cook most of the food, and maybe buy some fried chicken for the store. I do not know if I will have music or not, I am not a party person, but I would have to see. I would have to see about alcohol, because I would have to see about the laws about serving it.

I would like for it be simple, and inexpensive. I do not see the need of having a really expensive wedding. It is a glorious day, but I cannot bring myself to spend that kind of money.