1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable gaydar technique..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hidden Angel, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

What do you think is the most reliable gaydar technique, if any? I'm not sure I believe in it but thought it might a interesting topic of conversation so hey!.... :icon_bigg

2. Jebs

What trips the gaydar for me is a tie between: how the person talks or how they carry themselves.

Talking- I don't just mean if they talk like.. Chris Crocker (spelling), but I don't know something in their voice usually catches my attention. I guess it is because I'm just looking for it? I have a problem spotting lesbians like this though. This is more for the males.

How they carry themselves- How they interact with same sex or opposite sex. Hard to explain.

3. Jace

I aggree ^

With the thing about how they carry themselves with members of the oposite sex

Like how I am with my best girlfriends (Tayluh! Tori!) I mean I getaway with stuff that straight guys would get slapped for, you know

For example this one time in the hall between classes I was talkin with tayluh and I was like "you know you really should get a push up bra" then I totally like grabbed her boobs and pushed them up and together, and she was just like "I don't know you don't think it would make me look too slutty?"
    Lol

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -If they mention their SO is the same gender
    -If they talk about going to the gay bar
    -Rainbows galore.

5. SamAlex728

Is it just me, or is that a no-brainer?

6. kgmn

hahahahha

just watch where their eyes go in a room full of people.
    you can tell when people are people watching or checking people out.

7. -Michael-

Gay guys tend to me more confident

8. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I've found this to be pretty true... but I'd like to elaborate on it. More confident around the opposite sex.

9. Daniel

:roflmao:

Yeah, if it involves talking to guys I just have an epic fail everytime.

Threw up once just from my nerves.

Yeah no.

:roflmao::confused:

10. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    again yeah, also look at their male/female friend ratios. My opinion is that that greater that ratio is to females, the more likely they are to be gay.

And yeah I agree with that they tend to be a lot more confortable around girls than straight guys.

11. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

My friends look at how they stand. I don't have a gaydar... I seriously need to get one >.<

12. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree with gay men being more confident around girl then guys.

i am able to talk about things more with one of my girlfriends then with my best gay friend or my straight one

13. Jace

ohh this is waay true formee

around girls i'm like whatever it dont matter

and around guys, i like freeze up and start feeling really self consious, thinking things like "am i standing too gay?" and "are my jean's too tight?!?"

14. mUsIcFrEaK92

mUsIcFrEaK92 Guest

I have more friends that are girls. I only get nervous around guys that are hot lol. My gaydar is like retarded lol.

15. SkyTears

Wal-Mart sells them by the bulk.

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

All the lesbians I know kind of eyeball you in a special way. Whereas straight girls don't give off that vibe. I think.

17. Alexander

hehe. I do that too. But I do it around girls too. Cause I have to. Closets you know. :confused:

this is the second best way. it's totally obvious most of the time. then you go in for da kill :grin:

but the ABSOLUTE best way to find out if someone's homosexical is to ask them. :rolleyes:

18. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I should start saving up money and buy them lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Loads and loads of gaydars. My life will be better haha

19. sexyalex

My dad is confident around woman and he's not gay :dry:

HE SHAGS EVERY FEMALE IN HIS OFFICE!! So i doubt that counts. for most of it, gays are kinda hard to find....the really flamboyant ones no. But the "masculine" ones are really hard to point out. To hell i don't know a single gay person. :eek:

Everyone one calls everyone one a fag here, it's like....the quote of the year! If soo be the case i would say all the guys in my school is gay :dry: but we all know that's not true.

so in case u havn't gotten the moral of the story, gaydars? do not exist. It's a psychologicat theory:dry:

20. Trumpetplyer23

I, with my awesomeness, inherited a special gift from my mom's side of the family. Special personality senses.

See, my mom has really good gaydar, and really good assholedar (she can pick out an asshole a mile away, trust me). So, within five minutes of meeting my mom, she can tell two things. One, if you're gay or not. Two, if you're an asshole or not.

I picked up these traits.

Anyways. For girls, if they don't talk about guys being hot, if they don't mention guys they've liked/dated. Also, I get a vibe from gay girls...like, a, I can't describe it, but like a kick in the stomach. Another thing, how they carry themselves. If they put more swagger in their shoulders than their hips, they're most like gay. Also, the finger measurement, lmao.

For guys, I also kind of get a vibe off of gay guys. How they carry themselves. Their comfidence with guys. And how they react to a hot girl. You can tell by the way their eyes look...when a guy is checking out a hot girl, he kind of gets a look in his eyes like 'oh yeah'. Same would apply if he was a gay guy checking out a guy.

Those are the things that my gaydar is based on. Some of it might be incorrect, so don't like, get offended if I listed some traits up there that do not apply to you. It's just what I look for, doesn't neccessarily equal the stereotype.