1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Someone Older?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fire2free, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

Just wondering what you guys think, positive or negatives. I just started dating a bisexual girl 5 years older than me. This is definitely out of my comfort zone but I'm kinda exited about it. Any of you ever dated anyone older and how big was the age difference?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think it's bad really the only thing i could see negative is like if she's more mature than you personally wise or if she 's one of those girls that fuss about you still living with your parents .

Me I'm nervous about dating people younger than me even though i'm attracted to them I always think i might be taking advantage of the younger person because i'm older so I also look for girls maybe 2 years older than me but i am opening myself up to dating women younger than me .

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex was 19 when I was 16, there was almost a three years' difference between us.

4. LD579

Could you elaborate upon how it is outside your comfort zone? It's good to step outside of it from time to time, but if being with this person is making you uncomfortable... it might be worth considering what it is you want out of seeing this person.

5. thekillingmoon

I don't see 5 years as a huge age difference. I'd date someone 5-6 years older than me, maybe more if I liked the person. Actually I would prefer that to dating someone younger than me.

When you're a teenager that could be a big difference though. As long as it's legal, it's ok.